Wilco (The Thread)

I look forward to it because I like both singles and interested to see how they fit together. I know they haven't been as exciting (except for the Ode To Joy which is an absolute classic) as they used to be, but they are solid and I have enjoyed everything they have put out.
FIFY. :cool:

IF you have seen them live on the Star Wars -> Cruel Country cycles, you know that they absolutely have it in them to blow the doors off.
Maybe we'll get more than a hint of that with this album . 🤞

Just spinning Cousin right now. It sounds absolutely fantastic (Bellman cut again, I think this may have been the last record Bob Ludwig mastered too, btw). I dig it so far but will definitely have to listen to it a few more times.
My copy of Cousin landed this morning, going to listen to it later today hopefully.
I pre-ordered directly from their website but am still on the “label printed” stage… :(

mine came on Monday and I think I've liked it more with each listen. I'm not sure I agree with the A Ghost is Born hype in the Spin article. If anything, I think it feels more like the songs they've put out since then that have tried to sound like AGiB. I don't think if anyone is super into YHF/AGiB but not the past 15 years, this is going to win them back. But I think it's really good. It's perfectly in line with their career to date. It feels dependably Wilco. I think the things that excited them (like Glenn's experimentation) on this one aren't going to be things that draw in new fans but if you like Wilco, you'll like this.

mine came on Monday and I think I've liked it more with each listen. I'm not sure I agree with the A Ghost is Born hype in the Spin article. If anything, I think it feels more like the songs they've put out since then that have tried to sound like AGiB. I don't think if anyone is super into YHF/AGiB but not the past 15 years, this is going to win them back. But I think it's really good. It's perfectly in line with their career to date. It feels dependably Wilco. I think the things that excited them (like Glenn's experimentation) on this one aren't going to be things that draw in new fans but if you like Wilco, you'll like this.
I hadn’t bought a Wilco record on wax since Sky Blue Sky but I did purchase Cruel Country which everyone was comparing to Being There and while it wasn’t up to that level it t was quite pleasant. If Cousin is a modern Wilco take on AGiB than I might be in on this one too. I haven’t listened to any of it yet but my interest is piqued enough to give it a cursory listen.

So interesting, I was thinking last night that this new record reminds me so much of that Ghost Is Born era.
Oh this makes me excited - that is the last Wilco record I really *love* - I like most of the music since then, but nothing bowls me over like AGiB did. So much of that is b/c it was the first Wilco I ever listened to and that situation: junior year of college, on a country road smoking a joint with two old friends (don’t smoke weed and drive, kids).

i want to be very clear that if any of you go into this record thinking it's going to sound exactly like AGiB, it will not. It's very much in line with Ode to Joy/Star Wars/Schmilco but they do get a little noisier, albeit in a very mature, controlled, Jeff isn't out of his mind on opiates kind of way. I think Cate LeBon helped them make some really good choices that they might not have made on their own. it's a really good record. I think it'll have some miles to it, especially as it gets darker/colder out for most of the US.

Back