What's Spinning

Yeah, their quality was coming up- even though they had to be dragged kicking and screaming.

I'm still dumbfounded at the concept that pissing off your most loyal customer base makes good business sense. Idiots.

Yeah, I am pretty mad about the forum but I still like their curation so I am sticking with them for now but they have really tested my patience with the Nat situation (especially sending it SmartPost), the Weyes Blood communication and not assuring everyone that ordered it will get it, and of course the aforementioned forum closing; if I drop getting everything I will probably stick with Classics, Essentials and true exclusives (but maybe not RHH ones)

Yeah, I am pretty mad about the forum but I still like their curation so I am sticking with them for now but they have really tested my patience with the Nat situation (especially sending it SmartPost), the Weyes Blood communication and not assuring everyone that ordered it will get it, and of course the aforementioned forum closing; if I drop getting everything I will probably stick with Classics, Essentials and true exclusives (but maybe not RHH ones)

I've said it before- the best part of the club was the forum. Thankfully @AnthonyI @gouis @Colonel_Angus @GritNGlitter @David A. @AndySlash @mcherry and @Captainfog got this all together and made the move seamless. Pretty amazing. Grace under pressure.

Curation? They picked some great ones, but also plenty of duds. The gang here does an infinitely better job.

Last edited:
I've said it before- the best part of the club was the forum. Thankfully @AnthonyI @gouis @Colonel_Angus @GritNGlitter @David A. @AndySlash @mcherry and @Captainfog got this all together and made the move seamless. Pretty amazing. Pressure under fire.

Curation? They picked some great ones, but also plenty of duds. The gang here does an infinitely better job.
sure everyone has duds, but I originally joined to be exposed to more music, but I am pretty close to just using others for curation, but I will let this get back to spinning records

edit: also thanks to the above for this place

I'm going to go with what I'm going to call the "N&G Formal Statement" about those who still subscribe to VMP. This forum has nothing to do with the business model of VMP, it was strictly born from wanting to keep the community together. Outside of that, all of our personal feelings are just that, personal. Nobody on the staff is or will ever pass judgement on anyone based on their current subscription status, that's up to the individual. VMP controls it's own destiny and that's something they need to work on, we have our own things to work on and make better ;)

Last edited:
I'm going to go with what I'm going to call the N&F Formal Statement about those who still subscribe to VMP. This forum has nothing to do with the business model of VMP, it was strictly born from wanting to keep the community together. Outside of that, all of our personal feelings are just that, personal. Nobody on the staff is or will ever pass judgement on anyone based on their current subscription status, that's up to the individual. VMP controls it's own destiny and that's something they need to work on, we have our own things to work on and make better ;)

Good to know you’re working on it 😜

Charlie Rouse: Bossa Nova Bacchanal

View attachment 1125

I think I bought this at full price from VMP and remain surprised at how long this lasted in their store even with a deep discount. It's a nice way to start out a cold Upper Midwest Sunday morning.

@AnthonyI insisted I buy that one. He was right.

46554-B49-3-FAC-4-C85-9359-F4-D4-A19-B5062.jpg

This record sounds beautiful. Great pressing.

Last edited:
Charlie Rouse: Bossa Nova Bacchanal

View attachment 1125

I think I bought this at full price from VMP and remain surprised at how long this lasted in their store even with a deep discount. It's a nice way to start out a cold Upper Midwest Sunday morning.
@AnthonyI insisted I buy that one. He was right.
Will never understand why this stayed in stock so long, such a great album and the pressing isn't bad either ;)

Spinning the last album I'll ever buy from that place.

Goin' out with a great one.

I'm sticking though it for now...I only get the Essential and Classic tracks with an occasional exclusive. But since they never email out any exclusive news like they said they would years ago, I probably won't see any of the good ones in time.

I'll give it through the summer - see what the "pause" is all about and reassess in September.

Back