What's Spinning

View attachment 203698
Steely Dan - Countdown to Ecstasy
Some nights, you think you know what you are going to listen to. Then a book gets delivered and you decide you should probably finish one of the myriad of books you are in the middle of before starting that one. So you pop on some Steely Dan while you read this:
IMG_7730.jpeg
And you read a passage that draws a very compelling parallel between the Dan and one of your favorite groups and records of all time and you find yourself listening to that instead of playing the record you pulled two nights ago while attempting to catch up in the challenge thread:
IMG_7729.jpeg
Beastie Boys - Paul’s Boutique

Last edited:
IMG_7733.jpeg
Beck - Sea Change

Wednesday’s Generator Album, swing on by, chat about it:

Last edited:
Nearing the end of this stack created by @TenderLovingKiller®.

Arthur Russell - Another Thought [3/4]

20240522_091448.jpg

One of the most singular artists skirting lines between art pop/singer-songwriter/folk that I've come across. Arthur's use of delay with cello is astounding, forming a cavernous tunnel of soundscapes. I am surprised that Philip Glass was responsible as executive producer here, as I associate him more as a classical avant-artist compared to something genre bending. "A Little Lost" is probably one of my favorite songs ever.
This is now one of my top50 all time. Julia Holter citing Russell as a partial influence further validates my thought process in selecting her as my fave all time as the correct decision.

Back