What's Spinning

Phil Ranelin ‎– The Time Is Now! (Tribe Records, 2021 Vinyl Me Please Anthology Pressing)
Wendell Harrison & Phil Ranelin ‎– A Message From The Tribe (Tribe Records, 2021 Vinyl Me Please Anthology Pressing)

A couple of fantastic Tribe records to start the day!

IMG_1499.JPGIMG_1503.JPG

The Joe Harriott Quintet - A Guy Called Joe (Columbia, 1961 First 7" Pressing)
Joe Harriott Jazz Quartet – Cool Jazz With Joe (Melodisc, 1960 First 7” Pressing)
Joe Harriott Quintet - Blue Harriott (Columbia, 1959 First 7: Pressing)
The Joe Harriott Quartet - S/T (Columbia, 1956 First 7" Pressing)
Joe Harriott - Joe Harriott With Strings (Jazz Today, 1955 First 7" Pressing)

Its been an afternoon jumping up and down from my work comp to flip the 7" over. Hell of a workout.
IMG_1546.jpg

Max Roach - Members, Don't Git Weary (Arc Records, 2023 UK Reissue)

vnQaeBz.jpg

2EWK78s.jpg

82xxYCM.jpg

What is this?

"The cast of the Theatre Royal in historic Barkerville, BC. The world famous Cariboo Gold Rush mining town, reborn by the government of the province of British Columbia."

Not sure what year this was put out, but based on other releases in a similar vicinity of catalogue number, it would seem mid-60s.

I have spent a lot of time in Barkerville and the neighbouring town of Wells over the past 20 years - including a dozen years attending the ArtsWells Festival of All Things Art, all but one of them as part of the line-up (and even that first year, I wound up performing as a 'tweener!) My first visit to the region, however, was to visit one of my best friends as he spent a summer working in Barkerville and being part of the Theatre Royal shows. The whole region holds a special place in my heart and has an absolutely wild history too!

I've found a couple of Barkerville albums over the past couple years and just scooped them up - this is actually my first time listening to this one - it's quite entertaining, but definitely more curio than something I'd listen to often. I also have a very extensive library of books about Barkerville/Wells and the Cariboo Region in general.

"The cast of the Theatre Royal in historic Barkerville, BC. The world famous Cariboo Gold Rush mining town, reborn by the government of the province of British Columbia."

Not sure what year this was put out, but based on other releases in a similar vicinity of catalogue number, it would seem mid-60s.

I have spent a lot of time in Barkerville and the neighbouring town of Wells over the past 20 years - including a dozen years attending the ArtsWells Festival of All Things Art, all but one of them as part of the line-up (and even that first year, I wound up performing as a 'tweener!) My first visit to the region, however, was to visit one of my best friends as he spent a summer working in Barkerville and being part of the Theatre Royal shows. The whole region holds a special place in my heart and has an absolutely wild history too!

I've found a couple of Barkerville albums over the past couple years and just scooped them up - this is actually my first time listening to this one - it's quite entertaining, but definitely more curio than something I'd listen to often. I also have a very extensive library of books about Barkerville/Wells and the Cariboo Region in general.
Neat.

Back