The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

There is like a cool house soundtrack to a heist flick here and then they start spouting nonsense in the whackest white boy flow ever.

All Night Long is a very apropos title, it does indeed go on forever and then it’s followed by some weird update of the electric slide…

8/1/23
View attachment 179045
Stereo MC’s - Connected

Funky, groovy.

A little bit dark and Primal Screamy.

A read a review, and it said the rapping sounds like an afterthought, and I must say it is pretty shite.

There's some Massive Attack vibes going on thee too.

Pretty good, bopping at my desk.

3 / 5 stars.

8/1/23
View attachment 179045
Stereo MC’s - Connected

Alright. It's below average, not awful like I expected. The raps are trash, further strengthening my thoughts on UK hip hop having only a few standouts in its history.

"Connected" is something I've heard before, and I still found it enjoyable enough. The rest was mostly HeistMovieCore, as you were alluding to @Lee Newman. The fusion of electronic and UK hip hop only works well when one of the two genres doesn’t dominate. For instance, “Everything” is closer to straight hip-hop and suffers as a result.

I won't be revisiting.

Rating: 2/5 [Mediocre]

This Stereo MCs album reminds me of the Spiders album from the band Space. They had a big hit with "Female Of The Species" but the rest of the album is similar in style to this one, especially the spoken/rap parts.
They are basically one hit wonders and are excellent additions to any 90s playlist/mix tape as a result. Like if you wanna add a Nirvana song to the same playlist it would be much less crowd pleasing since there is so many options to choose from some are gonna prefer one track to another but with Stereo MCs and Space everybody knows what song they wanna hear.

They are basically one hit wonders and are excellent additions to any 90s playlist/mix tape as a result. Like if you wanna add a Nirvana song to the same playlist it would be much less crowd pleasing since there is so many options to choose from some are gonna prefer one track to another but with Stereo MCs and Space everybody knows what song they wanna hear.

Space had a couple of tunes. They did the one about Tom Jones with Catatonia and there was another one I can’t remember the name of. Neighbourhood I think? They were from Liverpool though so more exposure.

Space had a couple of tunes. They did the one about Tom Jones with Catatonia and there was another one I can’t remember the name of. Neighbourhood I think? They were from Liverpool though so more exposure.
I think the “Female Of The Species” was the only remote hit they had in America and most of that came as a result of it being included on the Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery soundtracks

I think the “Female Of The Species” was the only remote hit they had in America and most of that came as a result of it being included on the Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery soundtracks

Yeah they were by no means big hit after hit monsters but in that sorta 95-97 time when British music dominated over here they were a little bit ahead of some of the real one hit wonders of the time!

8/2/23
ab67616d0000b273c3e9ebd5e1999ae3ab639023

Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (AKA 3 or Melt)

Last edited:
Back