What's Spinning

Collection playthrough #53 (in order added to discogs)

Glad I got to this one today. It contains the original mix of the album, the Brendan O'Brien remix, and the "Drop in the Park" show on vinyl. Also included is a reproduction of the "Momma-Son" tape, which was the tape of instrumentals that Eddie was given and recorded vocals over - leading to his being brought into the band. As it happens, Eddie wrote/recorded the vocals on this day back in 1990.

Pearl Jam ~ Ten (Super Deluxe)

1663111020999.png

How does the MoFi pressing for Weezer’s The Blue Album sound Joe? My local had this a few years ago and I was going to grab it, but was hesitant because I didn’t know if it was going to be a great sounding pressing or just an average one!

It’s great. But it’s also Weezer so I mean there’s a limit. It’s the best I’ve heard the album but given the music style it’s never going to be able to pull of the soundstage and detail of other types of music.

It’s great. But it’s also Weezer so I mean there’s a limit. It’s the best I’ve heard the album but given the music style it’s never going to be able to pull of the soundstage and detail of other types of music.
Thanks for the feedback! That’s great to hear the MoFi pressing is the best pressing of Weezer (Blue Album) you’ve heard so far! Totally get what you mean by the musical style results in it being a bit more limited to soundstage and detail compared to other types of music! Will definitely hunt down a MoFi Weezer for the future!

Back