What's Spinning

Resale on that One Step is insane. If this version is so good...I would sell!

I know. The craziness of 21st century vinyl and immediate artificial scarcity. I started buying the MoFi One Steps from the start because I remembered always wanting the original MoFi UHQRs and not being able to even begin to afford them. Fast forward...Because I had the AP45 box I just racked the new MoFi Village Vanguard for later. Now I can’t bring myself to cut it open.

FWIW Occasionally I give older duplicates away but I have almost never sold any vinyl in good condition. However, I have explained to my wife and adult son how use discogs in case the worst happens. 😉.

#1231-1232

Mudhoney - Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge...
King Sunny Adé - Volume 2

I used to listen to Mudhoney almost as much as Nirvana in my early teens but this is the only one of their albums I have now. Nostalgic. Plus, a free album I got off of one of my African sellers and one I prefer to his more famous Juju Music record.

20210110_153443.jpg

20210110_170848.jpg

#1233-1234

Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel of Love
Binker & Moses - Escape The Flames

The last Bruce album I own and it's a good un, plus a new favourite jazz album that I can only play once my girlfriend has left the room otherwise she looks like she's about to pack her bags.

20210110_171855.jpg

20210110_212357.jpg

Milt Jackson / Percy Heath / Barney Wilen / Kenny Clarke - Paris Session (Philips, 1958 First UK Sample/Promo Pressing)

This is an album which always blows me away, really is fantastic playing from all the musicians, with Barney Wilen on saxophone bringing the heat. This copy was from the estate of Tony Hall, a legendary jazz producer that recorded everyone from Tubby Hayes to Black Sabbath.

IMG_7088.JPG

AEC9CE06-0545-4134-BB77-2E2A5ADE6C51.jpeg

2019 Germany reissue on Zehra label. Maleem Mahmoud Ghania w/ Pharoah Sanders ‘The Trance of Seven Colors’. 1st Vinyl pressing of a 1994 World Music/Jazz fusion album. Blind buy. Pressing is good. Excellent sound quality. Highly Recommended.

FYI. Lots of these on Discogs but the retail store (Forced Exposure) I ordered from is now out of stock.

Last edited:
Back