What's Spinning

Ornette Coleman – An Evening With Ornette Coleman (International Polydor Production, 1967 Box Set)

Decided to dig this out again. Its an interesting set as the A-side of the first LP (first part of the live set) actually does not include Ornette Coleman or his group. Instead, its a chamber orchestra playing classical music. For the B-side and the whole 2nd LP (and second half of the live set) Coleman and his group come out and perform. Its was during this time that Coleman started to dabble in Third Stream, mixing jazz with classical music, and the success of this concert likely played an impact on this decision.

IMG_7099.JPG

C4E25229-58EF-4AE2-A22B-9CB1DFEB9B01.jpeg

peter gabriel- growing up live

this tour was the one and only time i’ve seen gabriel in concert. the show i saw was one of the very first shows on the tour and there were some hiccups with staging and sound, but was still well worth the high ticket cost (especially for a college kid). he brought the blind boys of alabama along to open the show (and sit in - literally - on sky blue during his set), so i’m thankful for that opportunity, too.

Back