What's Spinning

image.jpgFor the ‘heads’ out there lol.
Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks
RSD Test Pressing, a replication of the original version of BOTT, before Bob re-recorded like half of the record because his mates told him it was too sad, go figure. I for one, prefer this version over the one that ended up coming out. The press itself is fine, could be a lot better, but it seems to be a fair reproduction of a test press from back then, and sounds good enough to move me.

The production on this original version is so iconic, with most of the tracks being sparsely arranged, it really reflects the somber lyrics and tone. My favorite standout is Idiot Wind, with this version you get a real confessional delivery and a powerful organ that erupts at the end of each verse. Its just a perfectly done take.

Found this at a local-ish shop the other night...

Ice-T ‎– Rhyme Pays
Sire ‎– RCV1 25602, 1987/2020

#BFRSD20 - Limited to 1000

Pressed at Record Industry

xgbI7W.jpg

OFINJ2.jpg

View attachment 79615

I don’t often rush right home clean & spin but I’ve been waiting for this to arrive. Played great. Got some bass notes in those grooves. It will likely let you know if your cartridge/arm combo is a good tracker.
I had this in the cart multiple times and never pulled the trigger, regret it after a couple listens

Back