What's Spinning

Glad you didn’t have to wait too long for your copy.
They lied but in a good way. Tell me it’s not gonna arrive until September and then when I receive it July I am elated. It sounds great too. Obviously I don’t have the original to compare, I enjoy this version without all the added nature sounds quite a bit.

Last edited:
@Turbo's Recommended 2020 Releases

I've been discovering a lot of great new music this year. These are 2020 releases that I've been spinning a lot.

#1 The Buttertones "Jazz Hound"
#2 Baxter Dury "The Night Chancers"
#3 Jessie Ware "What's Your Pleasure?"
#4 Yves Tumor "Heaven To A Tortured Mind"
#5 Sammy Brue "Crash Test Kid"
#6 Sorry "925"
#7 Destroyer "Have We Met?"
#8 Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes "What Kinda Music"
#9 Automagik "Fluorescent Nights"
#10 Caribou "Suddenly"
#11 Caroline Rose "Superstar"
#12 Monophonics "It's Only Us"
#13 Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever "Sideways To New Italy"

#14 The Strokes "The New Abnormal"
Prescient title on the new Strokes as it was released in the spring. Been spinning this a ton since then. I love the various nods to the 80s (The Cars on "The Adults Are Talking", Billy Idol on "Bad Decisions" and Visage on "At the Door", for example). This one is slowly creeping up in my Strokes album rankings, maybe at third behind and First Impressions of Earth and This is It. The standouts for me are "At the Door", "Brooklyn Bridge to Chorus", "The Adults Are Talking", "Why Sundays Are So Depressing" and "Not The Same Anymore".

IMG_0664.JPG

Last edited:
The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#268: Star Band de Dakar - ST

#269: Cat Stevens - Catch Bull at Four

IMG_20200724_065223.jpg

How does this pressing sound? If this reissue of Dry sounds great (fingers crossed), then all the PJ Harvey reissues they're doing now will likely sound great too! :)

Sounds fantastic to me! I'm Probably not the best person to ask, as long as the record is flat and doesn't have any pops or crackles I have no complaints!

Sounds fantastic to me! I'm Probably not the best person to ask, as long as the record is flat and doesn't have any pops or crackles I have no complaints!
Yeah, I think so far the reviews for the 2020 reissue of Dry so far have been great! So it’s good to get extra confirmation! 😄🙌

I can’t wait to grab all of PJ Harvey’s studio albums! ♥️🙌

Wire ‎– 10:20
Pinkflag ‎– PF26LP, 2020

Pressed at Optimal

sYmfiC.jpg

k31uXB.jpg

Back