What's Spinning

De La Soul ‎– 3 Feet High And Rising (Big Life, 1989 First UK Pressing - LP ONLY)

I picked up a first pressing of De La Soul Is Dead today for £1 and found that a first pressing of 3 Feet High And Rising was also in the sleeve. I was contemplating hunting down a sleeve then realised I could just keep it in the outer sleeve with the VMP pressing.

View attachment 56172
Also, every time I hear 'Me Myself And I' I think of this scene:

De La Soul ‎– 3 Feet High And Rising (Big Life, 1989 First UK Pressing - LP ONLY)

I picked up a first pressing of De La Soul Is Dead today for £1 and found that a first pressing of 3 Feet High And Rising was also in the sleeve. I was contemplating hunting down a sleeve then realised I could just keep it in the outer sleeve with the VMP pressing.

View attachment 56172
£1! How?

£1! How?
The weekly carboot sale I go to has a lot of house clearance stuff. They get paid to dispose of a house load of stuff and will look to sell some of it at these carboot sales to make a bit more money. Their aim is literally to cut the stuff they have to dispose of down to nothing so will often just accept any price if it means taking it off their hands. A couple of weeks ago I bought around 15 jazz lps for £10 from a similar seller. The guy this week said I could have the De La Soul for a quid and if there was any more I wanted he would drop the price even more. There was lots of hip hop there to be fair but I've just spent a while cutting my collection down so I'm less prone to buying records I don't already know of otherwise I would likely have walked away with more.

Oliver Nelson Orchestra - Afro/American Sketches (Esquire, 1962 First UK Mono Pressing)

Esquire is one of those crazy labels which demands crazy prices but are actually the same stampers as their much cheaper original US counterparts. There's an interesting video with Michael Fremer where he proves it definitely but 'audiophiles' still state it sounds better. Madness :ROFLMAO: This album is an interesting approach to "writing a Folk Album for a large orchestra, with material taken from African and American sources". Very cool stuff.

IMG_9631.JPG

4E31B72A-44FA-4489-B2E1-236AB66B3EA8.jpeg
CC9FEEA1-E57B-44D6-BB21-A612BBCA321E.jpeg
Leah Senior “The Passing Scene”. Awesome record for the more quiet times. Sounds good with rock stable center image vocals. Strong songwriting with a voice that grabs your soul. Over the top packaging with one the the nicest lenticular covers I’ve seen. Even two pics don’t do it justice. Nice 👍.

Back