What's Spinning

Got this in today with the assistance of @phramenma

Harry Manfredini ‎– Crystal Lake Memories (Original Soundtrack)
Birnenblatt ‎– 0001, 2013/2018

Cut by Tom Haunstein at R.A.N.D. Muzik

U711z7.jpg

yKafMH.jpg

I was a member of the old DVDFILE.COM way back in the day...when Peter M. Bracke was running that site and was writing this book. The documentary they made later was also very well done....and this new music that Manfredini wrote for it is pretty good.

9xUVTH.jpg

VEZt4Q9.jpg

Flying Lotus - Flamagra

And sticky pudding, my copy is warped.
Always thought this would have made a great Essentials ROTM at that other place. Too late now. If you don’t know this, definitely worth your time.

This album is GORGEOUS!
And it’s dope that it lists an all star musician cast.

Are they re-releasing the entire album on Colemine? They’re locals here. Great band & I hope they find much success on that label. Check out their Bandcamp for some of their earlier work.

Also, their previous iteration as Grace Love & The True Loves had some fantastic songs. Very much a Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings kinda feel. Grace jettisoned herself from them inexplicably, but their music together was amazing.
Looks like it and @StonedWheatThin might have more details for us?
Picked this up at the release show this past Friday :)
View attachment 3217

Very excited for the LP reissue and new stuff from The True Loves!

Looks like it and @StonedWheatThin might have more details for us?
It's the last line of the product description for the Famous Last Words 45 on Colemine's site :) and the band has been playing lots of new stuff lately and saying they recorded it and there will be a new record as well as the reissue of the first one.

No surprise you get haron Jones vibes from them, Jimmy James has the most respect and admiration for her (he says he has a crush on her actually) and the Dap-Kings, a major influence there!

Back