What's Spinning

What label is it on

The art looks very neon city

Found it through Bandcamp a while ago, vinyl campaign was a few months ago and it was funded.

City Girl "Neon Impasse" [2/357]

View attachment 31720

Relaxing chill-hop vibes, nice to throw on and do nothing. I think @duke86fan is a fan of this.

Pleiades "Pleiades" [3/357]

IMG-20200205-WA0028.jpg

Couldn't find a Spotify or YouTube link for this. Drone/ambient album, kind of cool. Bought it for the cover and color of the vinyl.

Last edited:
Found it through Bandcamp a while ago, vinyl campaign was a few months ago and it was funded.

Pleiades "Pleiades" [3/357]

View attachment 31722

Couldn't find a Spotify or YouTube link for this. Drone/ambient album, kind of cool. Bought it for the cover and color of the vinyl.

Billie Eilish "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" [4/357]

IMG_20200205_223557.jpg

I wasn't really excited to check out Billie's music, thought it was more bland pop stuff, but I was impressed, I really like this album. Fun songs and the bass on "xanny" is very loud.

Billie Eilish "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" [4/357]

View attachment 31723

I wasn't really excited to check out Billie's music, thought it was more bland pop stuff, but I was impressed, I really like this album. Fun songs and the bass on "xanny" is very loud.

Berhana "HAN" [5/357]

IMG-20200205-WA0033.jpg

Went blind on this one and am really loving it.

And how good does it sound, the drums and cymbals are so good.
#137: Keith Jarrett Trio - Still Live

View attachment 31681

This album is my favorite by Jarrett, and one of the records in my collection I cherrish the most. It was actually my first (or maybe second?) KJ album, and I picked it up on the wild without knowing a thing about his "Standards Trio", but as soon as I got home and placed it on my turntable I was blown away by the music coming out of my speakers. This is not one of Jarrett's most celebrated albums, and but there is just something about the intricate interplay these men display here, each bringing their unique musical voice to build complex structures in which the whole is much more than the sum of its parts. This may sound as sacrillege to some, but the performances on this album blow out of the water anything Bill Evans ever recorded with his trio.

And how good does it sound, the drums and cymbals are so good.
I know, right? Jack Dejohnette's playing on this album earned him a spot in my personal top 3 drummers of all time. The way he manages to add color and inventiveness to the songs while still serving the whole is outstanding, and the pressing does a great job at capturing all the nuance in his playing.

Caroline Rose - Loner

feel like I posted this one recently, but whatever, it’s good.

KPkbWd6.jpg

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#138: J Dilla - Welcome 2 Detroit

IMG_20200206_065800.jpg

For a long time I thought Donuts was Dilla's best work, but this record made me change my mind. Today as I was listening to this record along my girlfriend she asked me what was the big deal with Dilla, what was his contribution to Hip Hop? I had a hard time trying to give her my opinion on the subject, until I realized how hard it is to see his innovation from our contemporary point of view. This record sounds so modern, and sets a mood that has become common ground for countless contemporary artists. In a way it's like Louis Armstrong to jazz: you just can't understand his contribution to the genre unless you go back and listen to what Jazz sounded like before him, seeing that a great deal of what came afterwards was influenced by him, therefore making it hard to understand his importance in rearview.

Last edited:
Back