What's Spinning

This was released 9 days ago. I posted it here earlier and mentioned it was my favorite record of 2020 so far.

After further listening and reflection I'd like to emphatically say it's my favorite record of 2020 so far.

@HiFi Guy @Enaz Fox @AndySlash @ranbalam @smokethepandas @imtheocean @wmeugene @Lee Newman @Matt M @JonnyH and many more who escape me at the moment - I think y'all would dig this.

The Third Mind - S/T

View attachment 33902View attachment 33903

Yer not helping! Imma get on this one, saw this but hadn't given a listen. Thanks for the heads up!

Cross post from the Feb Challenge thread:

Day 23 - Get Back To The Country

Colter Wall - Songs Of The Plains (Thirty Tigers, 2018 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

I was never a huge fan of country music (apart from the obvious Johnny Cash - I actually prefer 'At San Quentin' over 'At Folsom Prison') before joining VMP, it just wasn't a genre on my radar. The first Country musician I really fell for was Townes Van Zandt and now I consider him one of my favourite musician regardless of genre. Another musician I had never heard of was Colter Wall. His voice was totally unexpected and his songwriting has an incredible story-telling vibe to it. After picking up this copy I ended up listening to all his back-catalogue and live recordings, as well as picking up his self-titled debut, its just fantastic music!

IMG_3708.JPG

Probably my favorite Prince album 😎
Same here. Amazing from top to bottom 🙌🏾

While all art is subjective, you have both nailed the only correct ranking of Prince’s opus. Not just his best by a country mile (and I love most of his output), one of the top ten albums of all time IMO. Would be with me on a desert island if I could only take ten albums although it’d likely warp in the heat.

Brand New - Deja Entendu

Let’s conclude this nights spins, and this nostalgia trip with some actual emo. I know this band is rightly a bit taboo now but I have wonderful memories of being in my early-mid twenties in a variety of emo/punk clubs dancing badly to the big songs from this with my mates.

B6CE9D12-4AD9-4340-BE1B-34D0F12DBD99.jpegDFD81BA6-2B33-490F-86DD-21F18F0F60B2.jpeg

Back