What's Spinning

Day 7 - Goin’ Solo

The Brian May Band - Live At The Brixton Academy (Parlophone, 1994 First Pressing)

Tried to go for an obscure one for this day, and I'm hoping most people were unaware of May's solo career? It mainly consisted of him playing songs he wrote for Queen, with some changes to the arrangements. This is a killer live recording from Brixton, London. Just had a look at it appears to fetch a decent amount nowadays. This one was thrown into a bundle of Queen records I bought for a few quid years ago.

IMG_3051.JPG

Day 7 - Goin’ Solo

The Brian May Band - Live At The Brixton Academy (Parlophone, 1994 First Pressing)

Tried to go for an obscure one for this day, and I'm hoping most people were unaware of May's solo career? It mainly consisted of him playing songs he wrote for Queen, with some changes to the arrangements. This is a killer live recording from Brixton, London. Just had a look at it appears to fetch a decent amount nowadays. This one was thrown into a bundle of Queen records I bought for a few quid years ago.

View attachment 31902

I’ll have to check this out, but Brian’s not doing himself any favors with this cover art 😂

Sweet Emma And Her Preservation Hall Jazz Band ‎– New Orleans (Preservation Hall, 1964 First Pressing)

Not usually a huge fan of Dixieland but this is a great album. Certainly 'of its time' but fantastic all the same! The intro is superb as well, as the compare announces each member they start playing their instrument, so by the end the song is in full swing.

IMG_3059.PNG

Back