What's Spinning

Yeah, that’s a great album and those Japanese pressings are pretty good 😀
They are pretty good, my concern is they're going to be my gateway drug to Music Matters, AP, MoFi etc! Have you come across any decent Aussie retailers for such "audiophile pressings"? MM charge something like US$47 shipping last I checked.

The National - I Am Easy To Find - Cherry Tree variant

I just fucking love this band and the way they've grown and evolved (dare I say matured) their sound. Every album of theirs grows on me with each listen, this one is so goddam beautiful. I love all the guest vocalists, it feels like a welcoming, open arms, family environment. The music is strongly themed, deeply sad and equally deeply beautiful.
PSX_20190525_170828.jpg

No, not any more, the problem is the Aussie dollar at the moment, I did get a couple from importers.au, round about $70 delivered for MM, but haven’t checked for a while, they didn’t have a lot of titles though, Point Of Departure, Page One, Unity I think from memory , might be worth a look.
They are pretty good, my concern is they're going to be my gateway drug to Music Matters, AP, MoFi etc! Have you come across any decent Aussie retailers for such "audiophile pressings"? MM charge something like US$47 shipping last I checked.

Lou Reed - Transformer (RCA, 88985349031, Europe, 2018 reissue)

View attachment 2503

My dad sent me a couple of Lou Reed albums down for my birthday. This recent reissue of Transformer pressed at MPO sounds really good if anyone’s looking for a low cost readily available copy.

Good to know! I’ve picked this version off the shelf in the store and put it back down again a few times and I really do need this album on vinyl!

Back