What's Spinning

Taking a page from your book:

Wow, if I thought my own little project was too big of a commitment, I can't imagine how it is when you have a record collection 10 times as large as mine. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, though. At first it is kind of odd to force yourself to play a specific reford, and takes some time to get used to it, but once you do you develop a nice and unique relation with your collection. Keep us posted, and good luck!

Wow, if I thought my own little project was too big of a commitment, I can't imagine how it is when you have a record collection 10 times as large as mine. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, though. At first it is kind of odd to force yourself to play a specific reford, and takes some time to get used to it, but once you do you develop a nice and unique relation with your collection. Keep us posted, and good luck!
Do you break out of order often, or are you doing it until you finish?

I already do this to a certain extent with my curated records. I try to listen to one of them a day. I don’t know that I’ll get to one of the collection every day, but I’m gonna give it a shot and see what happens. It’s been a really long time since I’d pulled 24 Carat Black and it has made the journey worth it, in and of itself. I’m excited!

Do you break out of order often, or are you doing it until you finish?
Not every spin I do is in order, but my "rule" is that at least one of the records I spin every day has to be the next one in the shelf. You could say some of the records I play are part of my project, and the rest are just records I feel like playing any given day after spinning the record due for that day.

D853EE3F-2F0C-4771-904E-1B572457A6CB.jpeg

Bullmoose had this listed as “white vinyl”. Sure looks like “metallic silver”. :). Metallics can be iffy so not a first choice for Van Morrison but sounds ok so far. A few ticks and things but minor. Van is aging well.

View attachment 23049

Bullmoose had this listed as “white vinyl”. Sure looks like “metallic silver”. :). Metallics can be iffy so not a first choice for Van Morrison but sounds ok so far. A few ticks and things but minor. Van is aging well.

The Soul is really taking it on the chin on side A.

the lack of a "CB" in the runouts is a bit odd, but I've seen this "!" on other releases that could potentially come from someone at Bernie Grundman Mastering.

Got a reply...turns out he didn't do the actual cutting, his assistant did with his notes.

Queens of the Stone Age - Vinyl Reissues Coming

Not sure who is assistant is, or if it is something they want public.

Last edited:
I'm also planning to give this a go, but I'm going to try this next year. According to Vinyl Scrobbler so far this year I've spun 1150ish records and in Discogs I have 1430 records so it's not entirely impossible (I definitely have more records than are in Discogs but I'm not sure how many). I think my strategy will be to avoid all the records I bought this year first off to see how far I can get (my system of listening to each new release 3 or now 2 times really slows me down). I'm actually super excited to start so thanks @agutierrezb!

Back