What's Spinning

Still rebuilding my room and collection after a drain pipe burst and caused a lot of damage, I finally got the system up to running vinyl again. Naturally, as the rooms still coming together I needed to listen to Come Together. I figured finally spinning the 50th Anniversary 3LP would be fitting.

The Beatles - Abbey Road
3LP 50th Anniversary remaster

2EB46FA2-9416-43FC-A556-2799C5BC0318.jpeg

Last edited:
Still rebuilding my room and collection after a drain pipe burst and caused a lot of damage, it I finally got the system up to running vinyl again. Naturally, as the rooms still coming together I needed to listen to Come Together. I figured finally spinning the 50th Anniversary 3LP would be fitting.

Sorry to hear about your pipe issue. I hate hearing stuff like that...which is something I fear as I'm in a basement.

"My parents wanted to light my artistic candle. But over time, the definition of 'the arts' began to stretch. And as I got older, they suddenly realized, Oh, my God, we're the parents of Iggy Pop." - Iggy Pop

The Stooges - Highlights From The Funhouse Sessiona

View attachment 20689

J Masics just announced a free show in town on Halloween covering the first two Stooges albums. Don't see a way that I can make this with everything else going on, but I sure am tempted.

According to Vinyl Scrobbler, this is the 500th different release I've played this year on my turntable. (As I play new releases more than once, it's actually about the 1400th slab of vinyl to be played this year - my girlfriend is rolling her eyes at this). Suitably enough, it's one of my favourite ever albums.
Fela Kuti - Zombie, Nigerian 1977 OG

20191025_213634.jpg

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#76: Paul Desmond and Gerry Mulligan - Two of a mind

IMG_20191024_075055.jpg

Great collaboration between two cool jazz titans. Their rich tones and melodic interplay make these tunes sound full, inventive and sofisticated.

Back