What's Spinning

Gza - Liquid Swords
IMG_1841.jpeg
Okay, so I own the deluxe Marvel variant of this classic but it reallly bugged me that they completely excluded the original classic cover, (it comes with a lenticular panel with the Iron Man art, why no include the original under that?) so I ended up buying a regular edition and Frankenstein’d together a version that combines best parts of both version. I am happy with the result.

Dean Johnson – Nothing for Me, Please

Caught Dean last night in Portland at The Showdown - a new country / Americana venue, with the good folks at Pickathon doing much of the booking. He played for more than 90 minutes to an entirely captivated full house. Chatted with Dean after the show, and he was kind enough to sign my vinyl. What a stellar dude, easy to root for. And good news Portland folks...he will be playing at Pickathon this summer.

IMG_8686.JPG

Lately I’ve listening to deep cuts but, more accurately, deep albums that seem to be passed over when browsing for what’s next on the playlist. Sometimes there isn’t any info on the album spine and other times it’s just a matter of it being shrouded by neighbors. This is one. Didn’t know what I was missing.
IMG_3181.jpeg

Back