What's Spinning

Al Green - Call Me (Hi Records, FPH1146-3, 2019 VMP reissue)

1C05C290-58A3-4CBE-9256-A4FD073DFD25.jpeg

The soul picks are always my least favourite of the VMP Classics sub and this is no exception, in fact, I’d go as far as to say Al’s voice proper does my head in and this sits at the bottom of the sub so far. Mrs Moore, on the other hand loves this stuff so I like to have some stuff on the shelves that she enjoys.

Al Green - Call Me (Hi Records, FPH1146-3, 2019 VMP reissue)

View attachment 1404

The soul picks are always my least favourite of the VMP Classics sub and this is no exception, in fact, I’d go as far as to say Al’s voice proper does my head in and this sits at the bottom of the sub so far. Mrs Moore, on the other hand loves this stuff so I like to have some stuff on the shelves that she enjoys.
You, sir, are an enigma.

xatiLjT.jpg

Made a trade for this RSD ‘18 pressing.
After missing out on it several times (attempted online drops) it feels good to finally have a copy.

Blossom Dearie - Needlepoint Magic, Volume 5

Most of you will be familiar with Blossom Dearie from her self titled VMP Classics reissue. This is a solid album but im not sure if it will get too many spins. After a while I find her voice to be a bit sickly sweet. I much prefer the songs on her S/T album as well. Still, a pretty good album especially if you are a fan of jazz vocals.

EDIT: Still not 100% sure about this, but I think the red is actually hand signed "For Gillian, Blossom Dearie". I've checked google images to see what the cover should look like and its just a blank space......what a find!!!

Sweet Emma And Her Preservation Hall Jazz Band ‎– New Orleans

A recent cheap pick up. I was intrigued by the cover to be honest and its actually a great record. Reminds me of the kind of thing Folkways Records would release.

Very nice. I had a copy almost 20+ years ago when my then-girlfriend/now wife bought a house that had a really cheap console unit. The record wasn't playable enough to keep and I'm sure I purged it soon after, but I've always thought about picking a clean copy up.

Very nice. I had a copy almost 20+ years ago when my then-girlfriend/now wife bought a house that had a really cheap console unit. The record wasn't playable enough to keep and I'm sure I purged it soon after, but I've always thought about picking a clean copy up.
Ah no way, I didn't expect anyone to recognise it.

I would send you this copy but just had a look on discogs and looks like its easy to pick up for a few dollars, a lot cheaper than shipping to the USA would be :ROFLMAO:

Back