What's Spinning

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#11: BADBADNOTGOOD - IV

IMG_20190824_141831.jpg

Previous post (#10):
#10: Joey Badass - All-AmeriKKKan Bada$$

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#12: Erykah Badu - But you cain't use my phone

IMG_20190825_101145.jpg

Very fun record. It is worth the listen for the Andre 3k verse on the last track alone.

Previous post (#11):
#11: BADBADNOTGOOD - IV

The Isley Brothers - Go For Your Guns (2019 VMP Classics)

I'd never heard of these guys before, and they absolutely kill it! Love the funkiness of the tracks, and it was a real surprise when 'Footsteps in the Dark' came on as I previously knew it as being sampled on Ice Cube's 'It Was A Good Day'.

IMG_6250.JPG

Clifford Brown ‎– Memorial Album (Blue Note, 1960 47 WEST 63rd, Deep Groove, RVG, Plastylite 'P')

This album is a compilation from of some of Browns less-known sessions and was released just after his death in '56 (he died in a car crash along with pianist Richie Powell and his wife). This is the 3rd pressing (released 4 years after the first pressing) and funnily enough, it seems to be quite rare. The pressing prior was the Lexington Ave address, with the one after being New York USA. According to Discogs my copy has never been sold and only 3 other people have claimed to own a copy. Very bizarre. What I like about this is that its an old library copy (it was only ever borrowed 3 times according to the sign-out sheet) and while the cover is battered, the record plays perfectly!

IMG_6263.JPG

IMG_6258.jpg

TV on the Radio - Seeds (2014) - One of my favorite albums of the decade, coming up on its 5th anniversary and this is still the most recent TVotR release ... This vinyl pressing is split across two colored LPs (Disc 1 is pink/yellow, Disc 2 is blue/green) and the D side includes two non-album bonus tracks

518D3C14-9135-48EA-9934-BDCCAF097F93.jpeg

3FC8E2C6-3752-4CE1-9EE0-B3DC3D5BD5C2.jpeg

C21B3014-9DD1-4721-94AE-B54B9F8804AD.jpeg

Back