What's Spinning

ac5864be-1256-4cb0-8bf4-4d1aebd82942.jpg

Judas Priest - Firepower (2018)

#2 on my top albums of 2018 list. This is the greatest album released in the past decade by a 70s-80s metal band. Rob's vocals are strong as ever, the riffs are fresh, clean and heavy. The drums pulverize the listener with rapid, energetic beats. There's only one or two songs on here that I'm kinda "eh" on, and at 14 tracks, that's not bad at all. UK webstore exclusive press, limited edition, with an awesome embossed cover (and Jesus, that cover!)

Watched an episode of the PBS show Reel South I had on the DVR titled 'Two Trains Runnin' and it is fantastic. It's about young white kids obsessed with the blues on concurrent quests to find Son House and Skip James in 1964. And it's about a whole lot more.

Oh yeah - one of them is John Fahey.

Everyone with a passion for anything needs to see this film.

Skip James - Worried Blues

20190816_230443.jpg

Last edited:
Starring Peter Fonda, Nancy Sinatra, Bruce Dern, Diane Ladd & members of Hell's Angels of Venice, California.

Various ‎– The Wild Angels
Tower ‎– DT 5043, 1966

Mono

Pressed at Capitol, Los Angeles

nOxGRm.jpg

d7U0uK.jpg

Watched an episode of the PBS show Reel South I had on the DVR titled 'Two Trains Runnin' and it is fantastic. It's about young white kids obsessed with the blues on concurrent quests to find Son House and Skip James in 1964. And it's about a whole lot more.

Everyone with a passion for anything needs to see this film.

Skip James - Worried Blues

View attachment 14502

Grabs a beverage and heads for the TV ;)

Back