What's Spinning

I finally purchased Billie Eilish - When we all fall asleep where do we go? It's about time given how much I've streamed it. This album is just killer. Even the regular US press is sounding pretty great, even if it has a little warp to it. In my opinion this is one of the best modern pop recordings, possibly one of the best pop recordings I've heard to date. Even if you aren't a big Eilish fan, you should listen to her music on a really good stereo. My system highlights it nicely, but I've had the pleasure of hearing her on a really high end system and it was extremely memorable.

39fd9234-9844-4b2e-bd69-3535369a5031.jpg

Megadeth - So Far, So Good... So What! (1988)

Nice OG copy! Love that old "parental advisory" sticker. This is definitely an underrated album, though certainly not at the level of Peace Sells or Rust In Peace. Still, some great tracks on here! Has a kick-ass cover of Anarchy in the UK.

Remembering Jerry with his first album.
He played every instrument on this album except the drums.
This is what I show whenever people say Garcia was a trash musician.
IeyVoXj.jpg

❤✌🌹💀

Playing the bonus LP, For All Mankind, as the Apollo LP has an unplayable rumble warp through the first few tracks. I got this thru Burning Shed in the UK - and I'm glad I forgot that I ordered it because I've been waiting on the Amazon order for this record. Sometimes having a bad memory is a good thing.

I'll see what the vinyl flat can do with this, but I'm not expecting it to get fixed. Seems I've gotten a few bad pressings from Optimal in the last year or so...usually with this same issue.

Brian Eno With Daniel Lanois & Roger Eno ‎– Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks (Extended Edition)
UMC/Virgin EMI Records ‎– 774 777-2, 1983/2019

Cut by Miles Showell at Abbey Road
Pressed at Optimal

wMz3sr.jpg

XHHuqv.jpg
8+ hours in the vinyl flat last night made this more playable. Still has a couple tick skips in the first minute, but after that it's fine.

My order from Amazon arrives today - and I'm emailing back and forth with Burning Shed's support over what to do about this one. Them being in the UK makes having issues like this a bit more difficult to deal with.

An update on what has turned out to be a way too expensive search for a playable copy. Both my original UK Burning Shed order and US Amazon order were defective. Burning Shed sent me a replacement of LP1 that was also defective - worse than the 2 I had.

I decided to try 1 more time with Amazon and I finally have a playable copy of both LP's.

I am sending one of these defective ones back to Amazon tomorrow.

Back