What's Spinning

Static-X – Wisconsin Death Trip
Music On Vinyl – MOVLP1379, 1999/2015

Pressed at Record Industry

CfWCpQ.jpg

qnwDS2.jpg

Some of the albums I remember from my childhood definitely contributed to the way I turned out.

Hint- Procol Harum “Home” is not appropriate for children, nor “The Crazy World of Arthur Brown. “ Do not lock your kids in a dark room with “Revolution #9” cranked up loud or allow a child to watch “The Exorcist”.

And people wonder why I didn’t have kids. 😆
A lot of things that I remember as completely everyday as a kid are just insane to me now. Like, I'd leave the house in the morning with a backpack and a bike and just say I'll be back by the afternoon and just the  idea of not knowing  anything about the location or state of my children from like 9am to 6pm - just, "yeah, my 12 year old is just out there somewhere doing... something, not sure what" - is just wild to me. 'Yeah kid, go watch faces of death, or read whatever, I'm sure it'll be fine.'

I don't suppose you got the VMP box set to compare Bellman's cut of that to this new one?

I do like what Plangent Processes does for digital, but I'm surprised they went back to make yet another cut of this one - when CB's cut used in the VMP box is really good already.
Weirder still is CB's initials remain in the dead wax even though David Glasser did the Mastering for this 50th Anniversary version.

David Glasser did the Plangent Process mastering at Airshow Mastering

Bellman cut from the digital file.

I was wondering if this Bellman cut was all that different from the VMP set.
Ah, that makes sense.

I haven’t heard the VMP cut but the comments I’ve read so far it seems that folks prefer the Plangent restored 50th cut to the the non-VMP Bellman cut.

Cross post from @Lee Newman's great August Challenge thread. Everybody head over there and play - it's a lotta fun! And @Lee Newman is giving away $5000 to a random participant!

That last part is a rumor I heard from a guy who used to be married to a lady who's daughter worked at a place with a girl who knew a guy who's cousin filled in part time for the city that picks up @Lee Newman's trash so it's basically a done deal.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Gabriel's Oboe

Ennio - my man!

Going with this one for two reasons - the album opens with an Ennio Morricone cover and this band has a western image that fits right into many Morricone scores.

The EM cover...

Spaghetti western + demagoguery / revolt x Mad Max + Leatherface = Preacher Man. Really, it does. I showed my work...

Bonus title track just because it's such a badass song and EM would dig it. Spaghetti Western Doom...

Fields Of the Nephilim - Dawnrazor

20220801_002237.jpg

Back