What's Spinning

C9979581-C78B-4B2E-8BC2-E585582DDB85.jpeg

Continuing ever onward with the task of getting the collection into Discogs. Pulling every title out, putting in a MoFi sleeve and/or replacing old outer sleeve as needed, finding correct Discogs entry, and reshelving. Haven’t played this ‘85 EP in awhile.

UK jazz today rightly gets a lot of attention but I'm loving the music out of Poland too. The first one is from a few years back and includes a great Art Ensemble of Chicago cover.
20190731_114501.jpg
Wojtek Mazolewski Quintet - Polka

20190731_130736.jpg
And this is likely to be one of my records of 2019: EABS - Slavic Spirits

Finally getting round to listening to the last Anthology installment. Like them both. Think this is better than the second installment, but the first one remains my favourite. What I will say though is that the Akinmusire album cover is objectively awful. One of the reasons I've been putting off listening to the record is that the cover is so shit. Thankfully the music is much better.

IMG_20190731_141831.jpg

IMG_20190731_141957.jpg

Finally getting round to listening to the last Anthology installment. Like them both. Think this is better than the second installment, but the first one remains my favourite. What I will say though is that the Akinmusire album cover is objectively awful. One of the reasons I've been putting off listening to the record is that the cover is so shit. Thankfully the music is much better.

View attachment 12866

View attachment 12867
I like the cover. 🤷‍♂️

This is the most dangerous record I've played in a long time. I firmly believe I don't have an audiophile's ears but this - my first Tone Poet - just sounds so damn good. Grrr...
View attachment 12880
I would bet that most people who say they don’t have an audiophile’s ear just haven’t heard a good pressing. To be clear, even good pressings have defects. Once you get your hands on one though, you realize what the deal is...

Finally got my shipment of new sleeves so I was able to clean and spin my new arrivals from the last few weeks. First up are the final two from the Anthology.

View attachment 12888
Yeah, I’ve been waiting on sleeves. I’ve depleted my just in case stash of poly lined inners that came with records... fortunately sleeves are finally on their way

Back