What's Spinning

8ng6HAh.jpg
Is that the Electric Recording Company release?

Thanks for the reminder that I need to check these guys out!
I love Matt Patton and have seen him play with DBT a couple of times, but haven't given these cats a proper go yet.
The first time I saw Dexateens was 2009 as the opener for Meat Puppets. Knew nothing about them. They totally destroyed me.

At that time, Lee Bains III was still a member. He later left to do his own thing with Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires. The Glory Fires rhythm section put out a record last year as Williamson Brothers that Mike Patton played on and produced.

They all have a different vibe and are worth your time. Here are some appetizers...

Dexateens in the Lee Bains era...

Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires. Think The CLash via Birmingham, AL...

Williamson Brothers. A little more trippy and 90's influenced...

The first time I saw Dexateens was 2009 as the opener for Meat Puppets. Knew nothing about them. They totally destroyed me.

At that time, Lee Bains III was still a member. He later left to do his own thing with Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires. The Glory Fires rhythm section put out a record last year as Williamson Brothers that Mike Patton played on and produced.

They all have a different vibe and are worth your time. Here are some appetizers...

Dexateens in the Lee Bains era...

Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires. Think The CLash via Birmingham, AL...

Williamson Brothers. A little more trippy and 90's influenced...

Thanks for the reminder that I need to check these guys out!
I love Matt Patton and have seen him play with DBT a couple of times, but haven't given these cats a proper go yet.
I absolutely love watching Matt play!

Back