What's Spinning

Yeah, agree 100%! Especially to take track 2 away which makes the entire start of the album feel messed up since I had been listening to the cd from day 1. I'm with you on the guilty part as well, I actually have both of the reissues in a box of things I rarely listen too after reading some of there comments well after I already bought them. I hope they eventually can get things worked out and re-release the first two right and then add the classic Chittlin Circuit mixtape stuff. Those early 2000's were dominated by the entire Justus League in my car's cd player for sure. I'd buy just about anything released from that time on vinyl and there's an endless amount of content.
Right!? You can even hear the start of track 2 at the end and then it just cuts. When i bought the represses of The Listening and The Minstrel Show, i didn't know they were getting screwed by the labels otherwise i might have skipped and tried to get an OG instead. I did see a tweet from Phonte about their albums that they might have gotten something done. Don't know what, though.
From 02-05 there was always something from Little Brother and the Justice League. It was crazy haha I still need to pick up Big Poohs first album.

For me it's too hard to pick between GZA, Rae and ODB. Just amazing production and lyrics all around. Ghostface is really close as well followed by Meth. A shame his album got lost in the flood (along with Decks). What could have been.

ODB is my favourite, hands down, but I think GZA is the better album, if that makes sense.

The Hold Steady - Open Door Policy
366C64FB-C52C-463F-936D-2B87114276D5.jpeg
Wow! I purchased this on a whim via the Target 3 for 2 sale and am very happy I did. I had lost interest in The Hold Steady over the last decade or so but this is a welcome return to form for Craig Finn and the boys. The Horns are a brilliant addition as well. If I had listened to this earlier it probably would have made my year end list.

Back