What's Spinning

How does it sound ? I keep telling myself I don’t need this one. I only bought one BF vinyl as I have plenty of other stuff get thru. Logic vs desire.
Sounds pretty good to me - the percussion in particular stands out. I’ve never heard another version on vinyl so can’t compare. It is a United pressing, but my copy is flat and plays without noise - I’m definitely happy with it overall

The New Jazz Orchestra - Western Reunion London 1965 (Decca, 1965 First Pressing)

Forgot to post this last night and it's one hell of a record. Recorded live in front of a select audience at Decca's studios. The liner notes state that there was actually a lot more recorded but not used, that would be a fantastic set of music to find and release.

IMG_1273.JPG

MADMADMAD – S/T (Stac Records, 2019 White Label Test Pressing X2)

Decided to dig these out for the first time in a while. Back in 2019 MadMadMad released this 2LP 45rpm set as a complete mystery, without announcing the members of the group. It soon came to light that it was members of Ill Considered/Wildflower. They released 200 copies of this white label 'test pressing', which had a screen-printed cover and either a manifesto sheet or booklet. I placed an order and 2 ended up turning up, it turns out that one of them was a gift from the group for supporting their past ventures, and they included a nice hand written note on the sleeve.

IMG_1308.JPG
IMG_1309.jpg

The Jazz Couriers Featuring Tubby Hayes And Ronnie Scott - The Last Word (Tempo Records, 1959 First Factory/Test Pressing)

The last album that Tubby Hayes and Ronnie Scott would record together as part of the Jazz Messengers. After this they dispanded and went their own way.

IMG_1315.JPG

Back