What's Spinning

Happen to to get Places and Spaces as well by any chance @Andy ? Mine's coming next week.

I do have it on order, but got this message a little while ago, I said I would wait

Good Afternoon,

Many thanks for your pre-order of Places and Spaces. Unfortunately our order has arrived into us today and the vinyls are crushed in the corners. We have managed to get 8 copies which will be shipped out in date order. We have reported this back to our suppliers who are re-sending the copies out to us but they will not be with us for a couple of weeks due to a reprint. I apologise for this delay but we did not want to ship pit damaged product to you. Please let us know if you are not happy to wait for the resent shipment and we will of course refund your order for you.

Kind regards

Nirvana - Nevermind
View attachment 117921
View attachment 117922

I A/B‘ed my copies and both sound great though the BG is still the better of the two. I am gonna Frankenstein the Jacket from the 30th Anniversary edition and the Bernie cut wax.

Also, happy to own a 45 with “Endless, Nameless” on it. I was always envious of my friend Falen because her copy of the CD had “Endless, Nameless” as a secret track but my later copy did not.

Kraftwerk - Techno Pop

Actually incidental to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, had it pulled off the shelf before I even knew it was tonight.

In other news: the calibrating I was doing about a week ago didn't do as much as I hoped but poked it again a couple nights ago and now it just sounds right, and now I understand I should check every step by ear, even the ones that should just be measureable - e.g., Azimuth. No more channel-specific rattling. I'm apparently at the stage where I can tell if my tracking force is too light or too heavy just by tonal quality though. :rolleyes: STILL, I CAN LET GO OF USING RECORDS TO LISTEN TO THE TURNTABLE RATHER THAN THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

_MG_1154.JPG

Back