What's Spinning

R-16239599-1615921593-5529.jpeg.jpg

36CFFFD6-3869-44E9-85E3-BA6276487EB7.jpeg

1972 US Terre Haute pressing. Vinyl is pretty much NM- with a few light paper marks visible in strong light. No ring marks. Plays quiet. Sounds great. Like new. A bit of dirt and ring wear on matte cover. Inside the fold it’s a beauty…

AED86852-C345-496D-9F5F-21E3EDC48C92.jpeg

Sunday’s Classic spin. Just pulled this from backroom storage and cleaned it up. Someone’s unloved vinyl is about to live out it’s golden years in the comfort of my music room.

Last edited:
The Collection Playthrough

More catching up to do

177 - Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly
178 - Louis Armstrong - Satchmo Plays King Oliver

This duo was picked up at a market festival - Dolly was a dollar record and Satchmo was a bit pricier. I have a bit of a week spot for Louis from some school projects in ye olde days so it's always a good listen. I loved Hello, Dolly and Satchmo was solid, although I'll likely go back to HD or Ella and Louis first

179 - The Lone Bellow - Live at Grimey's

Solid enough RSD exclusive I bought to fill out my Lone Bellow pickups.

180 - She & Him: Volume 1
181 - She & Him: Volume 3
182 - She & Him - A She and Him Christmas

Funny enough, the three She&Him I have opened and owned aren't my favorites (Vol 2 and Christmas Party) but they're as rock solid as ever for the right mood. All keepers really.

PXL_20211004_140512981.jpg

The Collection Playthrough

More catching up to do

183 - Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - OST

So, basically it has Black Sheep and Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl. That alone is worth the wax, all the other goodies are bonuses.

184 - Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher

No need to hash this one out more, I put it on before seeing her a week and change back. I have a clean copy at least which is better than some other people got and it's still one of the best records of 2020.

Sara Watkins Section

185 - Sara Watkins
186 - Sun Midnight Sun
187 - Young In All The Wrong Ways
188 - Under The Pepper Tree

One of my bigger single-artist plays (til the next post). It's really interesting to see the trajectory of her solo output. Her self-titled is surprisingly spiritual, religious, and really traditional. Sun Midnight Sun, probably my favorite, does move a bit away from that and really finds its foothold in more traditional, folky output. Young In All The Wrong Ways is how I found her and it bounces into more of the modern, reflective human experience...and Under the Pepper Tree is a children's album with a few sick covers.

She will re-appear when I do a singles run and with I'm With Her but this was a fun dive for sure.

Fun fact: Sara Watkins is also on Punisher as she plays fiddle on the sublime Graceland Too.

PXL_20211004_141624990.MP.jpg

Back