What's Spinning

Mike Taylor Quartet ‎– Preparation (Sunbeam Records, 2021 Limited RSD Pressing)

I really do think that this album has been slept on since its RSD release, especially when you consider the 'follow up' album is one of the most sought after British jazz albums. It comes with a really comprehensive booklet (really like a small book) and a reproduction poster as well.

IMG_7234.JPG

Sonny Rollins – A Night At The "Village Vanguard” (Blue Note, 1962 Mono Pressing & 1986 Signed Pressing)

These are some pretty cool copies. The one I actually play is the 1962 Mono pressing (which sounds stunning) and the second is actually signed by Sonny. There was an unfortunate pen explosion that went on the sleeve but the autograph is still there.

IMG_7241.JPG

Another one from my trip:
OG UK pressing

B41BADC3-7BF4-4350-9E9B-EC9C0DC87B7A.jpeg
@AnthonyI i think this one sounds really nice. Has a little surface noise here and there but not very noticeable. Don’t think I’m looking to sell it but I’ll let ya know if I change my mind. Might be worth getting one if ya see it in good condition and don’t wanna spring for the One Step.

The Collection Playthrough- Weekend Catchup

149 - Stan Getz, Joao Gilberto, ft Antonio Carlos Jobim - Getz/Gilberto
150 - The Secret Sisters - Secret Sisters
151 - The Staves - Good Woman
152 - Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
153 - Sonny and Cher - In Case You're In Love
154 - Sly and the Family Stone - Greatest Hits
155 - Simon and Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence
156 - SOAK - Grim Town

And unpictured due to space

157 - Shovels and Rope - Little Seeds
158 - Shovels and Rope - By Blood
159 - Shovels and Rope - Predecessors

A big "pre-Sara" mix of S albums from the classic rock and modern Americana spheres mostly, with a bit of Jazz and Indie mixed in. Not going to discuss all of them, but if you did sleep on that Secret Sisters release, it still holds up as a great overall spin. Getz/Gilberto was my favorite of the Zavvi Pack as well

PXL_20210907_200550786.jpg

Back