What's Spinning

The Collection Playthrough

OK, now I have a ton of catchup to do. Weeee. I'll just go four at a time from what I've played as I get super close to my first batch of PIF/Sale type goodies from this activity. I have been holding off playing the S artists for the most part until I get back from my trip, so this will be a mix of new pickups, collection holdovers I felt like listening to, and the like.

083 - AC/DC - Highway to Hell

Honestly, I wish I was more into this one. I feel like I've never really given AC/DC a fair shot and I generally like them when they pop on the radio but this just didn't capture me the way I was hoping

084 - Allison Russell - Obvious Child

Hoooooo mama this is some solid Americana fare. This is an amazing year for singer-songwriters in the Americana field, especially women of color. Between Allison, Yola, Amethyst Kiah, Joy Oladokun, several of these may end up on my End of the Year list

085 - The Beach Boys - Sounds of Summer

For me, the Beach Boys are very much a Pet Sounds + Compilation Band for what I want in my collection. I have a soft spot for that terrible but still catchy Kokomo and I thought Sounds of Summer contained some extras worth having over the other options. The sound isn't amazing but honestly that's just more of a reason to upgrade my Pet Sounds copy soon...

086 - Book of Mormon - Original Broadway Soundtrack

Remember before Hamilton when BoM was the darling of Broadway musicals? There's some stuff that still hits a bit icky but honestly a homerun of a fun soundtrack, especially with several great songs right off the top. This one popped back in stock recently and is pricy, but is a pretty nice 2LP package.

PXL_20210810_183424661.MP.jpg

Charles Tolliver on Strata-East

E8eBzyfXMAQSBJP.jpg

Back