What's Spinning

The Red Mitchell Harold Land Quintet - Hear Ye!!!! Hear Ye!!!! (Atlantic, 1962 First Sample/Promo Pressing)

After listening to the fantastic Harold Land RSD release from Reel To Real I was feeling more of his music. This album is a killer and this particular copy is special in the fact that it was once owned by the record producer Tony Hall, as well as being a white label/sample pressing.

IMG_1975.JPG

Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come (Speakers Corner)

E4Cgj20UcAI4JJq.jpg

It sounds great so far! I'd love to hear some of their live shows on vinyl though
Alive and Well sounds fantastic. Missed the boat in Buffalo but hoping when those arrive they release some more like they did with Alive and Well. Stoked for Ted Tapes too.

Really impressed with the quality of their vinyl so far. Even the heavy card stock sleeve was above my expectations.

Been a few days...

Here's what I have been up to:

1623895874768.png

I am really loving the Zaireeka tracks.

1623895900442.png

This sounds terrible. I could literally needle drop anywhere on Side 1 for evidence when I send my complaint about this. Love the record, but this copy is dismal.

1623895950317.png

Playing this in honor of my last day of school being tomorrow. I think "Dance The Night Away" might be my end-of-year song.

Back