What's Spinning

John Coltrane and Paul Quinichette - Cattin' with Coltrane and Quinichette

E2FpipZXMAY3HrB.jpg

#1597-1598

The Black Keys - Delta Kream
EABS - Repetitions (Letters to Krzysztof Komeda)

Return to form for the Black Keys (first gig I saw from them at 100 Club on Oxford Street still a fave of mine), and I finally got my hands on one of the best jazz releases of the past decade from Polish group EABS thanks to a new reissue.

20210521_162412.jpg

20210523_163519.jpg

Yesterday's fresh grab is today's what's spinning.

A couple notes...can I have a living will that dictates that in the case of incapacitation I be taken to the disco hospital? Cause I feel like that's the place that will have clown nurses (or is it nurse clowns?) and I'm ok with this.

Also this album cover ties Prince's 1999 with my favorite use of a penis. For cover art that is. It's not like categorically my favorite use of a penis. Just for cover art.

PXL_20210523_183000831.jpg

#1597-1598

The Black Keys - Delta Kream
EABS - Repetitions (Letters to Krzysztof Komeda)

Return to form for the Black Keys (first gig I saw from them at 100 Club on Oxford Street still a fave of mine), and I finally got my hands on one of the best jazz releases of the past decade from Polish group EABS thanks to a new reissue.

View attachment 100323

View attachment 100324
I've been meaning to check out EABS because of their Sun Ra tribute last year but haven't yet. I'll add this one to the queue too based on your praise.

I've been meaning to check out EABS because of their Sun Ra tribute last year but haven't yet. I'll add this one to the queue too based on your praise.
This has just been reissued but even better, I think, is their live version of it (their second album - many of the same songs, similar cover but in black). The label they're on, Astigmatic, put out some really great stuff. Check out Cykada, Levitation Orchestra, and Bloto (which is an EABS spin-off) if you don't know them. I've got quite into Polish jazz so as well as the originals like Komeda it's also worth checking out some of the modern acts: Wojtek Mazolewski's Polka is v good too.

Back