What's Spinning

#1565-1566

Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz To Come
Eric Clapton - Unplugged

Just replaced my stylus and oh my, doesn't this new Speakers Corner reissue of Ornette Coleman sound wonderful (mastered by Boom Boom, of course). Cranked up, joyfully raucous. As does the Clapton (the rest of his discography hasn't fared so well in this play-through but this sounds v good, feels like a good selection of songs too).

20210510_155120.jpg

20210510_203333.jpg

Are you familiar with this album? A little more in the early Sting solo/jazzy vibe, but I do love the version of Bring on the Night-->When the World is Running Down that kicks it off.

Sting ~ Bring on the Night

View attachment 99005
Yes! I owned that years ago on cd (double cd?) and have been meaning to track it down on vinyl. Working my way through the Police box set currently so I don't feel a huge rush. How does it sound?

Yes! I owned that years ago on cd (double cd?) and have been meaning to track it down on vinyl. Working my way through the Police box set currently so I don't feel a huge rush. How does it sound?
It sounds great, nice clean pressing - it was relatively cheap off discogs when I got it a few years ago, upgrading that same double cd.

Back