What's Spinning

Tubby Hayes - Tubbs' Tours (Fontana, 2019 Gearbox Records Pressing)

This is a bit of a misleading title as the group actually were not touring when this was recorded, it was just a marketing ploy. Still, the music is absolutely killer. Tubby had a way of moving past the typical big band styled music to something more.

IMG_7606.JPG

Isaac Hayes - Tough Guys (Enterprise, 2021 Vinyl Me Please Classics Pressing)

The pressing sounds fantastic and really well done! The music is a bit strange, kind of hard to pinpoint exactly what the dominating factor is. Not a bad thing though and its certainly enjoyable.

View attachment 85292

You've almost tempted me, I swapped out last month. I'm not sure what I'll pick up this month, I don't know this months classics, not sure about the strokes & already have Quas.

You've almost tempted me, I swapped out last month. I'm not sure what I'll pick up this month, I don't know this months classics, not sure about the strokes & already have Quas.
Its an interesting one for sure. Have to admit to not being overly familar with Hayes before this and perhaps its not the best representation of his music. Its a good mix of cheesy 70s/80's sounds, jazz, soul...bit of everything.

The Jazz Couriers - Tippin': The Jazz Couriers Live In Morecambe 1959 (Gearbox, 2012 Limited Pressing)

A blinding live session from 1959. I would love to have been able to see this band live, they just knock every track out of the park.

IMG_7614.JPG

Back