What's Spinning

Ron Matthewson & Mat Matthewson - Blow (Jazz In Britain, 2020 Digital Album)

This was released today on digital format and is a really cool album. On New Year's Day in 1976, the 2 brothers (Ron on electric bass and Mat on piano) jammed in Mat's living room and recorded the 30+ minute session. The tapes were never released and stayed in Ron's archives until Jazz In Britain released them today.

a3514765452_16.jpg

Michael Kiwanuka - Kiwanuka

View attachment 81944
I’m a bit late to the Michael Kiwanuka train but I’m officially all in. Was excited this popped up in his store recently, now I need to grab Love & Hate on vinyl...

How's your vinyl copy of this? I have a black vinyl and the bass sounds muddy and distorted compared to the digital files.... unfortunate, because I absolutely love this record.

How's your vinyl copy of this? I have a black vinyl and the bass sounds muddy and distorted compared to the digital files.... unfortunate, because I absolutely love this record.
It sounds fine, not great. I hear that’s a problem throughout his catalog which sucks as the music seems tailor made for vinyl.

It sounds fine, not great. I hear that’s a problem throughout his catalog which sucks as the music seems tailor made for vinyl.

Damn, I actually threw "Love & Hate" into an order yesterday. I can report back when I receive it and get a chance to spin it. It's really too bad, because I'd have "Kiwanuka" on steady rotation if it sounded better. Such a great album.

Chromatics ‎– Kill For Love
Italians Do It Better ‎– IDIB038, 2012/2016

Clear / Red Split reissue

Pressed at GZ

e9cnV9.jpg

PfGxoV.jpg

Back