What's Spinning

Dear Nora - Three States: Rarities 1997-2007
I hadn't ever heard of Dear Nora before seeing a review of this set recently. Did some digging, liked what I was hearing, so bought this 3LP box set. Just listened to the whole thing (2 hours) and am reminded of what I love about having a crazy passion for seeking out music. This is a sort of bedroom lo-fi that precedes bedroom lo-fi. Most of it was recorded originally to cassette with just voice and/or guitar, then overdubbed multiple times (still to cassette!) with harmony, drums, bass, etc. I wasn't expecting much sound-wise, but was pleasantly surprised that with only very few exceptions (which sound exactly like very old cassette recordings), the sound quality is very good. And the music is great. Confessional, stream-of-consciousness, introspective. I'm really happy I stumbled upon this and decided to do the stupid thing and spring for the box.

DN.jpg

Confession Time - I haven't seen the original movie since I was a kid...I remember not liking it. I have never seen this sequel...but both are on Disney+, so I can fix both if I really want to.

Daft Punk ‎– TRON Legacy (Vinyl Edition Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Mondo/Walt Disney Records ‎– MOND-194, 2010/2020

Remastered 10th Anniversary

Pressed at GZ

oqAmKW.jpg

pvDySk.jpg

QRpIt7.jpg

Last edited:
Back