What's Spinning

Haddonfield ‎– Ghosts Of Salem LIVE
arieScope Records/EMP Label Group ‎– none, 2017

Signed by Adam Green - lead singer and Director of the "Hatchet" horror movie series.

Pressed at GZ

KLOb0l.jpg

iBP2nM.jpg

My collection #1045-1046

Funkadelic - Standing on the Verge: The Best Of
Wildflower - 2

Great Funkadelic compilation that I got as it looked better than VMP one (full length Maggot Brain for one), and fabulous UK spiritual jazz that I'm saying is the best thing to come out of Ill Considered/Wildflower group (this is a first press which annoyingly comes without a cover).

20201104_180535.jpg

20201104_143739.jpg

My collection #1047-1048

Fela Ransome-Kuti and the Africa '70 with Ginger Baker
Cadence Revolution

Excited to be on to my Fela boxsets. This is number two which unfortunately arrived with a huge tear in the box and I was too stupid to ask for a replacement. Still the music is unimpeachable. Plus, the second volume of Strut's excellent compilations into Disque Debs, the pre-eminent label of the francophone Caribbean.

20201104_211157.jpg

20201104_211230.jpg

20201104_174235.jpg

Interview Cassette Tapes. - Kenny Dorham, Elvin Jones, Chet Baker, Yusef Lateef.

The Yusef Lateef one is particularly interesting as he goes deep into his life. There are parts when you can hear that he's drifting into memories that he clearly hasn't thought of for a while and he just snaps out of it when he realises that he's being interviewed. Superb.

IMG_4657.jpg

Very nice!!! Did you get the Jack Wilson RSD release? Throughly recommend it if you haven’t.
Not yet, and it wasn't even on my radar, since I try to avoid those overhyped and overpriced RSD releases. But I just checked, and the prices for that release are reasonable, so I put it on my wantlist. Thanks!

Back