What's Spinning

How does the D-Sides sound, now that you’re spinning it @gaporter ? Does it sound just as good as the pressing for G-Sides?

I missed out on D-Sides but am going to hunt down a copy of it eventually! 😏
It sounds really good too 🥺

They did a really good job on these pressings and I'm very happy :D reminds me why I collect all these stupid circles in the first place lol

It sounds really good too 🥺

They did a really good job on these pressings and I'm very happy :D reminds me why I collect all these stupid circles in the first place lol
Omg, I’m so happy for you Gap! 😊😃🥺

I can’t wait to eventually get my hands on D-Sides and yes, whenever you hear a great pressing of an album you have always loved, it really does remind you why vinyl is a blessing! 🙏

So freaking happy for you though! 😍😭

Today’s September Challenge Thread is a good one (if I say so myself) ..Great for anyone who wants to show off a bit ..some brill posts so far ..

Day 4: “And now for something completely different..” ..any Record you like but with a piece of music related memorabilia to accompany it ...a gig ticket, book, t shirt , poster, funkopops.. what’s lurking out there ..autographs? Elvis’s Cadillac..yellow submarine ....

A bonus post in support of @Gavaxeman outside of his official thread...

Happy birthday Kim Thayil.

There's no reason to believe me based on the unintelligible scribble, but that's Kim's signature on the Badmotorfinger promo flat. It was obtained in a Wilco gas station after a Lollapalooza show as he bought King Don snack cakes and a bootleg country cassette by George Jones.

20200904_025135.jpg

Soundgarden - Louder Than Love

20200904_023932.jpg

Joe Harriott - Chronology (Live 1968-69) (Jazz In Britain, 2020 First Pressing Limited to 250 Copies)

This is KILLER! Massive thanks to @britprogjazz for releasing this, its a fantastically produced package with a superb sound!

View attachment 60270
So glad you like it! Looks right at home there! ;-)

Yeah, D-Sides is pretty spectacular! I agree that it’s stronger than G-Sides, but I love the nocturnal, trip-hop, grimy yet moody and atmospheric cuts on G-Sides! This is my Gorillaz ranking, which quite easy for me! Demon Days and Plastic Beach are both 10/10 albums for me! Gorillaz and D-Sides is like an 8.5/10 for me and G-Sides an 8.1/10! All five are great projects! The Fall, Humanz and The Now Now are all mixed for me, but none are bad projects, just underwhelming in comparison!

1. Plastic Beach
2. Demon Days
3. Gorillaz
4. D-Sides
5. G-Sides
6. The Fall
7. Humanz
8. The Now Now

Drop Plastic Beach all the way down to 7 and put humanz 8 and the now now 6 and you’re roughly where I am. I don’t understand the plastic beach love at all, it’s a mess.

Back