What's Spinning

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#282: Trio Veracruz - Canciones Folklóricas Mejicanas

#283: Troker - Imperfecto

IMG_20200810_071521.jpg

Latest album by Ropeadope Jazz-Trip Hop signees. This band is originally from my hometown in Mexico, and I'm super proud to see the kind of international recognition they have achieved. I prefer more solo-driven jazz music, but I think Troker makes a pretty interesting mix of Jazz, DJ Scratches, Rock, and traditional Mexican Music.

Young Jesus- Welcome to Conceptual Beach

My word this record is incredible. The pressing is a little noisey but wow the music, maybe the AOTY. Very freeform indie rock. Just the coolest and most exciting band going right now. Can’t be overlooked! Comes out officially tomorrow.
C87196C8-76A7-4638-881A-770891D2E6DA.jpeg

My collection #790-791

William Onyeabor - Atomic Bomb
Pierre Tchana

People look at African OG records and think they must cost loads but here's two examples of how they can be cheap as chips. I picked up the Onyeabor (excellent vinyl condition) for 1/3 the cost of a modern reissue in my local, while the Tchana (sweet Benin soul) was not much more.

20200813_203648.jpg

20200813_203824.jpg

Really shocked that I just had to add this US pressing to Discogs since it's been released for 7 years....they had the US, Canada & Europe all lumped into 1 submission for some reason. This one is actually cut by Chris Bellman, where the EU wasn't, even though the credit is printed on the release. It was also pressed at RTI vs Optimal.

Grateful Dead ‎– Rare Cuts & Oddities 1966
Rhino Records/Warner Bros. Records ‎– R1-534703, 2005/2013

#RSD13 - Limited to 6600
Cut by Chris Bellman
Pressed at RTI

07xJS8.jpg

9VWFPo.jpg

Last edited:
Back