What's Spinning

Stereolab "Dot and Loops" (1997, Duophonic Ultra High Frequency Disks, 1997 limited edition on white and green marbled vinyl)

Haven't played this in a while but all these Stereolab posts on here inspired me to give this a spin. This was an early purchase when I restarted collecting vinyl again after an early 90's hiatus. I took a quick photo of the green second record to post here. Now spinning side A.

View attachment 58653View attachment 58655

"Parsec" is serious 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 . Carry on.

Does anybody have a copy of this 2020 half speed that isn’t from MPO? Especially people stateside

except for the vocals being buried in the mix, I’m actually quite happy with this. It’s not undynamic as others have said. I’m also fairly certain it will sound better LOUD, which I can’t do right now. It certainly sounds better than the muddy cd I have. Need to compare it to the deluxe digital version I have which is probably what made me notice how muddy my damn cd is.

like I said on insta, this is my favorite, I fell in love with Dead Flowers during college, mostly due to a smoking student band that played the hell out of it at my residence hall’s weekly open mic night. I wasn’t aware that there was some kind of feud between Beatles and Stones fans. All I knew is I heard the Beatles growing up and not so much The Stones. I genuinely thought they were a greatest hits kind of band. Even after falling for this album. It wasn’t until I listened to Exile about 15 years ago that i really started to explore their discography.

it’s not a noisy pressing. It’s got a small dish, that the weight corrects. Coming on the end of side one no non-fill Or pops. Hell the solo on Can’t You Hear Me Knocking is pretty damn mind blowing. It might be a tad bright but not offensively so.

on the second side now and once you get over Mick being buried a bit, it’s quite enjoyable.

This might be a nice case study to a-b with a clean og. @HiFi Guy do you have a pressing recommendation?

Last edited:

Does anybody have a copy of this 2020 half speed that isn’t from MPO? Especially people stateside

except for the vocals being buried in the mix, I’m actually quite happy with this. It’s not undynamic as others have said. I’m also fairly certain it will sound better LOUD, which I can’t do right now. It certainly sounds better than the muddy cd I have. Need to compare it to the deluxe digital version I have which is probably what made me notice how muddy my damn cd is.

like I said on insta, this is my favorite, I fell in love with Dead Flowers during college, mostly due to a smoking student band that played the hell out of it at my residence hall’s weekly open mic night. I wasn’t aware that there was some kind of died between Beatles and Stones fans. All I knew is I heard the Beatles growing up and not so much The Stones. I genuinely thought they were a greatest hits kind of band. Even after falling for this album. It wasn’t until I listened to Exile about 15 years ago that i

it’s not a noisy pressing. It’s got a small dish, that the weight corrects. Coming on the end of side one no non-fill Or pops. Hell the solo on Can’t You Hear Me Knocking is pretty damn mind blowing. It might be a tad bright but not offensively so.

on the second side now and once you get over Mick being buried a bit, it’s quite enjoyable.

This might be a nice case study to a-b with a clean og. @HiFi Guy do you have a pressing recommendation?

Dead Flowers sounds great so I’m happy. Can’t wait to crank this some afternoon.

like I said on insta, this is my favorite, I fell in love with Dead Flowers during college, mostly due to a smoking student band that played the hell out of it at my residence hall’s weekly open mic night. I wasn’t aware that there was some kind of feud between Beatles and Stones fans. All I knew is I heard the Beatles growing up and not so much The Stones. I genuinely thought they were a greatest hits kind of band. Even after falling for this album. It wasn’t until I listened to Exile about 15 years ago that i really started to explore their discography.

I checked the matrix runouts and they match the 2018 Boxset all pressed at MPO. I don’t beleive there is a separate US pressing. I checked the 4 I purchased and the runout match the 4 in the box set.

Back