What's Spinning

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#245: Ximena Sariñana - Mediocre

#246: Christian Scott aTunde Adjuha - Stretch Music

IMG_20200709_063427.jpg

Man, I wish this album was released with the full tracklist on a 2 LP pressing. In the meantime this will do: one of the best jazz albums of the last decade IMO

Busta Rhymes "EXtinction level event (The Final world front)"

That album is really amazing, so many great tracks 🎉

View attachment 55952
Yeah, there are some really dope tracks on that album! The album’s second half is way better than the first half! 💯

‘Party Is Goin’ On Over Here’, ‘Gimme Some More’, ‘What’s It Gonna Be’ and ‘Take It Off’ are all amazing tracks, all of them which are in the second half of the album!

Peter Gabriel ‎– So
Real World Records ‎– PGLPR5X, 1986/2016

2 x 45 RPM, Limited/Numbered, #2527

Cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering
Pressed at Record Industry

Uj1abb.jpg

Drv4xi.jpg

IMG_20200710_215822.jpg

Here's the thing: I thought for years I hated this album, but it turns out what I really hated was the sequencing for the American release.

If you look at the track listing for the British vinyl that came out in 1989, it is a far superior album that, curiously, buries all of the singles in the second half of the album. Drastically different, drastically improved listening experience.

IMG_20200710_215906.jpg

Back