What's Spinning

Just chiming in - I’ve been visiting Germany every December for the past 5/6 years (a sister in law is German). I was in Düsseldorf last year and fell in love with Alt Beer, sadly can’t get it over here though.

Check this place out, not sure if they'll deliver over the water but worth a try. Also, I'm no expert so these might be lousy examples for all I know.

Błoto - Erozje (Astigmatic Records, AR013LP, Poland, 2020)

View attachment 54139

Nice, innovative modern jazz but a terrible pressing, muddy throughout and a lot of crackle despite thorough cleaning.
Oh dear, my copy has been stuck in Europe's postal system on its way from Poland for the past two months. This isn't improving my hopes. In better news, I got to hear the upcoming Jaubi album (featuring the main guy from EABS and Tenderlonious) and it sounds v good. Unfortunately seems like it's not out till next year. There's new stuff from Cykada and EABS on the radar too.

Neko Case - Furnace Room Lullaby
YS2Zscs.jpg

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#233: The Roots - Hoe I Got Over

#234: Rosalía - El Mal Querer

IMG_20200627_095431.jpg

You may know I about my love for Flamenco, so I guess it's no surprise that this is one of my favorite albums of the last 5 years. Don't be fooled by Rosalia's recent "urban" output and influencer lifestyle, she is a true artist, and one with knowledge on a myriad of genres. The production on this album is very detailed and inventive, while incorporating a bunch of traditional Flamenco sounds and telling a dramatic overarching story throughout.

Back