What's Spinning

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#187: Muddy Waters - Elevate me mama

#188: Muddy Waters - Fathers and Sons

IMG_20200410_083604.jpg

This is the rest of my "Back to Black" theme of the day:

Spin #1 was Amy Winehouse "Back To Black"

Spin #2, T-Bone Walker "...good feelin'...", Elemental Records pressing

IMG_0375.JPG

Spin #3, Morphine "Good", Run Out Groove

IMG_0376.JPG

Spin #4, David Bowie "The Gouster", from the "Who Can I Be Now?" box

IMG_0377.JPG

Spin #5, Joe Jackson "Look Sharp!", Intervention Records remaster

IMG_0378.JPG

Spin #6, Pulp "His n Hers", 25th anniversary remaster

IMG_0379.JPG

Spin #7, Robert Charlebois "Et Voilà!", 2019 release from the Quebec legend inspired by his seminal late 60s music

IMG_0380.JPG

Spin #8, "We Out Here", London jazz compilation

IMG_0381.JPG

6BE5A1AB-7E46-4F98-864D-8B0672C5B422.jpeg
I don’t know anything about the remaster but I have used this record ( ‘85 Pitman pressing) to test/dial-in the highs on my system in the past. Bright and clean. Excellent larger than life soundstage. Extended highs that could break glass (in a good way) but never hash or grating. Haven't followed the band members. Wonder if she can still sing like that. Flipping it over for side two. It’s been awhile.

View attachment 40840
I don’t know anything about the remaster but I have used this record ( ‘85 Pitman pressing) to test/dial-in the highs on my system in the past. Bright and clean. Excellent larger than life soundstage. Extended highs that could break glass (in a good way) but never hash or grating. Haven't followed the band members. Wonder if she can still sing like that. Flipping it over for side two. It’s been awhile.

The original press sounds fantastic. I only bought the remaster out of opportunity (think it was like, $8 on sale?) Such a great album, glad that you're spinning it again 💙

Back