What's Spinning

Los Bravos / Paul Revere & The Raiders ‎– Bring A Little Lovin’ / Good Thing
Columbia/Columbia Pictures ‎– 38-235444, 2019

7" only available in the "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" Collector's Edition Blu Ray set.

Cut by Scott Sedillo

IjEiue.jpg

3kb5hz.jpg

dy1PYS.jpg

Finally going to get around to watching this movie...not sure why I haven't yet.

Playing John Prine now. The cover of my copy is a bit battered but vinyl is top notch. John is one of my dad’s favourite artists (with Willie Nelson) so i have grown up with his music and his gentle humanity that informs all his songs will be missed. Seeing him in concert for the first time I was amazed at how many people loved him, which was how I felt today seeing all the love he was getting, John’s stuff never felt like it was for mass consumption, it was kinder, friendlier and felt like something special and secret. Of course now it is obvious everyone loved John, how could they not, it’s like loving sunshine or the beautiful view from a mountaintop, personal yet universal. He summarised our human condition so well so many times but not in a lofty way, like a God like Dylan would, John wrote as one of us. Hello In There is playing currently as I type and I’m welling up at this beautiful sentiment and how it relates to all of us, our parents, our children. Goodbye John Prine, thanks for all those special songs.

2D7209A4-17A4-4FB2-804A-6A919C9124BD.jpeg

Back