Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

I've seen plenty of people white gloving it while handling records, carts, gear.

Honestly, if I went to an audiophiles home and they were dressed like that, I'd probably think excessive but not scary.

Now, when they start to extol Huey Lewis and Sports...THEN I'd definitely think that poncho is for blood splatter.

Superblue: New guy who can't find the jukebox. Looks like a cool site.

I am Bob from Florida. Angsty steered me here - thanks!

Jazz/funk/soul/library/soundtrack (mostly late 60's/early 70's) obsessive.
Welcome to all our new members!!

Sorry I was late to the party, but I’m glad to see we’ve already got out the gloves and plastic coats.

@Kilgoretrout74 have you looked into the Tipitinas record subscription? I had it for the last couple years but had to start really watching my vinyl buying this year. As a native New Orleanian, I really enjoyed their offerings.

I was just wondering if some of the members names had some stories behind the name choices? Mine seems rather mundane by comparison!
When I was choosing my original name (Lord Diaper Baby - many iterations ago), I was unsure of what name to use. And, honestly, I am really unconcerned with what my name is 'cause it's all in good fun.

My ex-wife said something along the lines of "Well, you're a diaper baby" and that's how it started.

I tend to change my name often and once tried to veer away from anything diaper or baby related and the mod who has to approve name changes said no. Which, I'm not sure how enforceable that is, but I'm leaning into it.

This new version of my name is a riff on the recent question posed by a member of whether sparkle sharks can swim in lava water.

I was just wondering if some of the members names had some stories behind the name choices? Mine seems rather mundane by comparison!
Funny story, I hadn’t realized that my handle came off as creepy or menacing in any way until I ran into someone from here in the real world and they made a joke about me NOT being a creepy weirdo as my handle suggests. I was a bit caught off guard and mentioned to my SO the conversation and she said she just assumed that was the image I was trying to project. Having “killer” in your handle is always gonna give off that vibe. Then she told me she always thought it was a play on the “BTK” serial killer; something I had never considered. I wasn’t even aware of the the BTK Killer until after I started using that handle.

The origins was from one time when I was talking to a friend about the “TLC” cable channel an how that was clever in its double meaning both The Learning Channel and Tender Loving Care but I got tongue-tied and instead said “Tender Loving Killer” which made everyone chuckle, but I also thought it would be a good pseudonym if I were to become an IDM artist a la Aphex Twin or Squarepusher but since I had no discerning musician talent whatsoever it instead became my new internet handle, replacing “The Unemployed Architect” a handle I gave to my younger brother, who is a musician, to record music under.

Back