Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

Hey gang,

I was a longtime poster who took an extended break over the last year. Funny enough I signed on two days ago for the first time in months to see the news (what timing). I’m glad I did so I could migrate over here with y’all fine folks!

Someone took my old handle so I decided to get creative and add a 1 to the end of it 🥴

Thanks to everyone who got this place up and running!

Hello all. Very new here as I was never on the forum that dare not speak its name. I found you all after I stumbled across the last thread from that group. I actually used to be a member of VMP but discontinued my membership a year or two ago.

After reading through the thread with the announcement I thought you might be a good group to hang out with (always good to have another group of music folk).

My music tastes range from pop to rock to folk to classical to Prince. Lots of Prince. I have way too much vinyl and way too many CDs in the minds of most. I still listen to the music I listened to as a young kid and I continue to discover new artists and artists that are at least new to me. Looking forward to learning from you all.
Ohhhh Prince fans are the best!!!

Hello,
I'm Josh, but you can call me Pirate. I have been a vinyl enthusiast most of my life (hounded my parents to keep the collection through moves), but I really didn't start heavily collecting until about 2012. Funny enough it was from a tweet that I got hooked. My music taste varies depending on my mood, but I find myself mostly listening to 70's Rock, Metal, Alternative Rock, and some Country (Old and New). If you have any questions feel free to ask!

P.S. Shoutout to Renegademonster for not only sharing this place with me, but for being an awesome friend.

Hey gang,

I was a longtime poster who took an extended break over the last year. Funny enough I signed on two days ago for the first time in months to see the news (what timing). I’m glad I did so I could migrate over here with y’all fine folks!

Someone took my old handle so I decided to get creative and add a 1 to the end of it 🥴

Thanks to everyone who got this place up and running!
They did? Boo!

Hi, I’m Brian! Was mostly a lurker at that other place so figured it’s a fresh start here. Nice work getting everything up and running so quickly. 36 years old with an almost 3 year old and been collecting for about 20 years. And I’m an addict ;) Glad to be here!

Shouldn't we have a "profanity filter" that changes VMP or Vinyl Me, Please to something a little more appropriate? Not that I'm bitter or anything, but it seems like a reasonable response.
I firmly believe Vinyl Me Please should now be filtered to Voldemort Me, Please. But I also absolutely understand if that appears salty or petty ( I resemble both of those words!)

Day 2 of N&G and I just want to say how amazing this is. I have walked around with a smile plastered to my face for the last few days.

We took a negative and made it into a positive. Not only that. But we made it into something better! Everyone seems so engaged and refreshed and ready for this to be a wonderful place.

We took lemons and made Lemonade. The best lemonade around. 🍋🍋 Bey would be proud!

@Mahgeeta
Day 2 of N&G and I just want to say how amazing this is. I have walked around with a smile plastered to my face for the last few days.

We took a negative and made it into a positive. Not only that. But we made it into something better! Everyone seems so engaged and refreshed and ready for this to be a wonderful place.

We took lemons and made Lemonade. The best lemonade around. 🍋🍋 Bey would be proud!

Isn’t it strange how I(we?). Feel more inclined to visit here than I ever was (last year or so actually) at old place.
Wow if our own ROTM takes off !!!!!! Boom

Sup everyone. Glad to see so many familiar faces. The forums were one on my favorite corners of the internet. Such an amazing collection of passionate people. I've mostly been a lurker since 2017 and will occasionally post in guess thread and grab threads.

You guys have expanded my musical tastes and interest so much the last 2 years, which range from Grunge to Jazz and everything in between. The community as added so much context and flavor to this hobby for me, I'm excited to see it live on. :)

Big thanks to the peeps that put in all the effort to make this happen! Also, yay the work firewall isn't blocking it anymore.

Hi All!

After the shockingly bad move, by the record company that shall not be named, I'm delighted to join fellow Record Geeks, Vinyl Nerds, Music Enthusiasts here!

A massive thank you to all involved. The world wouldn't be the same without a special place to come and share the Joy's of playing records!!

Back