Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

My name is Jon, or Jonny H. Stick with me, I set the pace!

Oh, we weren't playing Roll Call? My bad.

I grew up listening to my parents records and the oldies station in St. Louis. I did some schooling in NM and CO before I found myself in the PacNW. After getting married in Seattle I moved to Olympia a few years ago to work at KAOS. I am the GM and I do a show on Friday nights, which I will spam you about.

Fun facts about me: I once had dinner with Chuck Berry and he hit on my date. I still do work for KEXP every week. I once received a Jack White test pressing in the mail, unsolicited with a note written like a ransom note asking me to just Pay It Forward some way, some how. I still don't know where the test pressing came from.

Are we sure that our lord and savior himself, Jack (JC) White, didn't send it to you? My cousin got the promo LPsor whatever for Elephant to review when it came out..

Hey my name is Chris and I live in the suburbs of Minneapolis. My avatar is of a lion statue that was originally meant as an avatar for my Grandpa John when he was away on business. It was a subtle reminder to my dad and uncles when they were kids to behave or my Lion of a grandpa would hear about it. It's aggressive looking, but my grandpa was the sweetest man I ever knew.

Yes that will all happen later. Just wanted to get it live before the other place shut down

Nice! If you pulled together a custom look in a few hours I would have been shocked and amazed.

Would be nice to look at how to brand this place now that it's free from the VMP masterbrand. If I can find time I would be happy to help, at the very least least by giving my unsolicited opinions. Guess I should add that I'm a designer and I'm missing the clean look of the old place.

Are we sure that our lord and savior himself, Jack (JC) White, didn't send it to you? My cousin got the promo LPsor whatever for Elephant to review when it came out..

It's hand numbered, and someone has told me that someone at TMR said they were on JW's desk. I don't know how real it is or not, but I would really like it to be. The return address is for the venue where the Stripes played their first ever show.

Nice! If you pulled together a custom look in a few hours I would have been shocked and amazed.

Would be nice to look at how to brand this place now that it's free from the VMP masterbrand. If I can find time I would be happy to help, at the very least least by giving my unsolicited opinions. Guess I should add that I'm a designer and I'm missing the clean look of the old place.
suggestions here? https://www.needlesandgrooves.com/threads/look-feel.19/#post-30

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Yay! So happy the new site is up and running. Looking forward to watching it grow.

Back