Vinyl Wings Co - UK based subscription site

Murfocakes

Another start up UK vinyl subscription club has caught my attention.

This one has an option of picking 2 albums from the 3 listed, currently they only have a Jazz & Soul subscription plan but they are looking to expand to Classical and Rock & Blues in coming months. 3 different price tiers (for 1, 3 or 6 months), I haven’t any detail on pressings but they told me they would get back to me on that. This month’s selections were Coleman Hawkins & Ben Webster, Booker T & The MGs Soul Limbo and Red Garland Soul Junction, if you signed up now you would be getting next month’s but I’m sure you could discuss with them as they seemed very personal.

Of particular interest is that the first month is half price, so you would be getting the 2 albums for £22 I think so you would be able to see if you were happy with the service.

I asked a few questions regarding shipping

- We currently only have UK shipping as an option, but hoping to open this up for international orders as well (maybe in the next 4-6 months, but maybe a bit longer as well). As a newly started club we're starting with our "home territory" and will look to expand as and when appropriate

Selections

- This month indeed the selections were Coleman H / Booker T / Red Garland for the Soul / Jazz genre. This month's records are announced on the 1st of each month and members have until the 7th to pick their favourite 2 out of 3. They then receive their 2 selected records towards the end of the month

Potential Swaps

That way, we also try to minimise customers receiving records they may already have - i.e. they can choose. We haven't yet introduced an option to swap for last month's records, but subject to availability and stock I don't see why that would be a big problem. As a new business, our main target is the satisfaction of our customers and a good experience, so we'll try our best.

Swapping between the picks
-Once the other genres are up and running, we'll allow customers to swap between them month to month, within a certain timeline (i.e. you have until the 7th of each month to make your selections, etc.). We expect the other genres to be up and running within the next 2-6 months. Rock & Blues will likely be the next one to become available

Cancelling
- Cancellation is quite straightforward - If you buy a monthly membership, you can cancel at any point between the months. If you buy a 6 month membership however, you're committed for the 6months and your cancellation would only be in effect after the 6 months are up.

Might be of interest to a few of you.

I signed up for the first month and received my records this morning on a standard vinyl cardboard mailer ala Juno or similar.

Delivery was 2 days via Royal Mail 2nd class parcel.
nowt fancy about the pressings as far as I can tell as the Red Garland one has a Back to Black sticker on it.

im really happy with my first month but I don’t get the business model really. I could have picked up 2 of the three selections from Amazon for about £30 instead of the £45 standard price. I do like the curation as they picked two pretty good albums. If they were different variants I think I could see it being a staple but hard to justify as it is.

I asked what next months was as I would be after Red Garland was told

Aretha - Lady Soul, Bill Evans - Conversations with Myself and Stan Getz - Lullaby Of Birdland

which might tempt you for another month or not. Good for promotion price regardless

I signed up for the first month and received my records this morning on a standard vinyl cardboard mailer ala Juno or similar.

Delivery was 2 days via Royal Mail 2nd class parcel.
nowt fancy about the pressings as far as I can tell as the Red Garland one has a Back to Black sticker on it.

im really happy with my first month but I don’t get the business model really. I could have picked up 2 of the three selections from Amazon for about £30 instead of the £45 standard price. I do like the curation as they picked two pretty good albums. If they were different variants I think I could see it being a staple but hard to justify as it is.

Does Red Garland, as a Back To Black have a download code? I’ve played it online and enjoyed it.

Hi all,

Many thanks to Murfocakes for the intro on here , as well as for ChrisM for the valuable feedback. As a new business, we're super grateful to hear first hand from our customers and what their thoughts are and what we can do going forward to improve our offering and the user experience. Believe me when I say you've been heard!

Happy to answer any other questions anyone on here might have who may be interested in getting into Jazz!

Thanks,

Amiran

Hi guys,

Not trying to market on here I promise - but in case anyone may be interested, we've just announced our April Jazz & Soul record selection!

If you sign up before the 7th of April, you'll be able to pick two out of these three records and receive them at the end of the month. Any later sign-ups will fall into the May bundle.

1. Bill Evans - Conversations with myself, 1963

2. Aretha Franklin - Lady Soul, 1968

3. Stan Getz - Lullaby of Birdland, 2003

Full album descriptions attached

Best regards,

Amiran
hello@vinylwings.co.uk

Attachments

• Vol 2 - April - Vinyl Wings.pdf
    603.5 KB · Views: 18

Hey everyone! A new month means new records at Vinyl Wings for our members!

Here's what we have for our fans in May!

If interested and you sign up before the 7th of May, you'll be able to pick two out of these three records and receive them at the end of the month. Any later sign-ups will fall into the June bundle, to be announced on 1st of June. Check out the site if you want to sign up

1. Antonio Carlos Jobim - The Composer of "Desafinado", Plays, 1963

2. Ann Peebles - Straight from the Heart, 1971

3. Bill Evans Trio - Sunday at the Village Vanguard, 1961

Full album descriptions attached

Best regards,

Amiran

Attachments

• Vol 3 - May - Vinyl Wings.pdf
    574.3 KB · Views: 4
Hey everyone!

Hope you all are well and groovy! I appreciate that I haven't been that active on the forum of late, and apologies for that! In case anyone was interested, I thought i would give a brief update on what we've got coming up in the next few months for our Jazz / Soul monthly selections!

As a reminder of who we are and what we do, we are a monthly vinyl subscription service in the UK bringing our members a set of two specially-curated vinyl records with the back story to each album and artist - from our heart to your doorstep! Members get a choice of 3 records per month (from their chosen genre), and pick the two they like most to receive! Currently, we've only opened our Jazz / Soul genre, but the responses have been great!

In case you're interested, we've got a great set up upcoming albums and artists the next few months, as follows:

September 2020

1. Sonny Rollins / Clifford Brown / Max Roach - 3 Giants!, 1956

2. Ohio Players - Pain, 1972

3. Jackie McLean - A Fickle Sonance, 1962

October 2020

1. Miles Davis - In a Silent Way, 1969

2. Bill Withers - Still Bill, 1972

3. John Coltrane - Olé Coltrane, 196

November 2020

1. Freddie Hubbard - Hub-Tones, 1963

2. Gil Scott-Heron - Pieces of a Man, 1971

3. Frank Sinatra - Nice 'n' Easy, 1960

Always happy to answer any questions anyone might have!

All the best and kind regards,

Amiran
hello@vinylwings.co.uk

Attachments

• Vol 7 - September - Vinyl Wings.pdf
    372.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Vol 8 - October - Vinyl Wings.pdf
    243.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Vol 9 - November - Vinyl Wings.pdf
    316.4 KB · Views: 12
Seeing the Gil Scott Heron option for this month I decided to jump this morning. I placed a request with my order inquiring about a previous ROTM and got a message back in a couple of minutes. Will let you know how I get on.

I just subscribed to this to take advantage of the half price promo, very excited about next month's records! I would've loved Olé

If you subscribe now you get the first month half price (no code needed). That's two records for £20! Definitely enough for me to jump on this

I just subscribed to this to take advantage of the half price promo, very excited about next month's records! I would've loved Olé
Did you email them? They might have copies of Olé sitting around that they could substitute

Playing the records I got from Vinyl Wings tonight. They let me swap one for the previous month’s, so I ended up with Bill Withers Still Bill which is the MOV pressing and Gil Scott Heron Pieces Of A Man. The price point was great (especially as half price for a trial month) and the service was courteous with very prompt responses. Would hope they get other tracks off the ground to allow more swappage but very pleased with what I got. Now as someone with 2 thousand plus records I may not be their ideal client base but I think the picks have been solid and service very good. (Or maybe I am. Who knows?) Might not dive in every month but when you do decide to give it a try it’s a positive experience

Listening here, Still Bill was a foolish omission from my record collection all these years. Have heard it many times before but tonight it is an elixir for all the world’s crapness

Hi everyone,

Realising that I've been very absent from this lately and so thought I would provide a refresher of what has been happening at Vinyl Wings, what's on offer and what to expect in the coming months!

First of all many thanks to those of you that have taken the plunged and joined our community - we love the support and the reviews which we have so far received! THANK YOU!!

- Our March 2021 Jazz & Soul records are attached below to give you an idea of what is currently on offer! New members can benefit from a 25% discount on their first box using the code "VWINGS25". Orders which are placed by the 7th of March will qualify for the March box, any orders placed thereafter will receive the April box, to be announced on April 1st.

- We are currently running a series weekly of giveaways throughout March to celebrate our 1-year anniversary! Details on each one and how to participate can be found here: Week 1 Giveaway - it's free to join the giveaway!

- While it's long overdue, we are hoping to launch our Rock & Blues genre next month - with orders opening up in mid-April for May delivery! Stay tuned for more!

Thanks and happy to answer any questions either here or at hello@vinylwings.co.uk!

Best,

Amiran

Attachments

• Vol 13 - March - Vinyl Wings.pdf
    617.2 KB · Views: 10
Back